• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? about my lift!!

gotmine

NAXJA Forum User
well, i'm kinda new to the forum. i've surfed the NAXJA forums for about a year, but this is my first post. my current setup:

91' XJ 4DR
3.5" rough country coils
RC steering stab.
RC LCA's
1" t-case drop
3.5" RE full leafs
Skyjacker SS brake lines
31" BFG AT's

that's about it. from what i've been told, and read, stock height is 17" from hub to fender. with my current setup i'm measuring just a hair over 22". so, the question... i've been considering Rusty's 1.75 BB with shackles to get a little more lift. i would like to fit 33's without any trimming. would it be possible? i'll try and post a pic of the jeep soon. i could bore you with the entire list of goodies that i'll be getting in Jan., but here is just a little:

1.75" BB
adj. LCA
4.56 gears
HD track bar
SYE
bumpers
and a few performance goodies to make up for the extra height and weight.

so do you think it's reasonable? i would think that with a net of 6.75" of lift it wouldn't be a prob., but i could very well be overlooking some potential issues. any comments (preferably possitive) would be great!!

I don't think you'll be able to fit 33's without any trimming. You'd need an overly excessive amount of lift to fit 33's, and I honestly don't think that your lift height measurement is correct. If you could show us some pictures of your XJ it would help tons.

xjj33p3r said:
I don't think you'll be able to fit 33's without any trimming. You'd need an overly excessive amount of lift to fit 33's, and I honestly don't think that your lift height measurement is correct. If you could show us some pictures of your XJ it would help tons.

it's possible that i measured incorrectly. i took a standard measuring tape and started at the center of the wheel hub and took the measurement at the point where the bottom of the fender flare met the tape. the best i can do for pics right now is to take them with my camera phone. i'll attempt tomorrow and see what kind of quality i can get from it. thanks for the input.

There is a huge difference between no trimming and small amounts of trimming that you can not see. With no trimming you will not be able to fit the 33's. With modest trimming, no moving of flares but under the flares and front lower fender (under the bumper) and inner fenders then you might with the right size tire and wheel combo.

Keep in mind there is a big difference in what fits and what doesn't with a narrow 33" off brand, and a wide 33" Super Swamper. As there is also a large difference in the BS of the wheels you run.

Unfortunately the best thing to do is let us know exactly what wheel and tire combo you plan on running and then we can let you know approximately if it should fit. Then you will have to trim till it doesn't rub.

HTH,
Michael

Just cut a little, you don´t even have to move the stock flares to make some room.

And stick with the 33x10.5 tires (BFG MT), that should save you some rubbing issues.

At 6"+ of lift I´d consider UCAs, too.

Don´t forget to get rid of the tranny drop.

I´m currently running 32x11.5 and see some 33-34" tires in the future. With some minor cutting it looks like this:
bg034.jpg

well, this is the best i could do for pics right now. ignore the parking lot!
9zvvdd.jpg

9zvvo7.jpg

9zvvo7.jpg

sorry, couldn't get the pics any better with the camera phone. and i can't really help with the BS of the wheels. i want to stay with the same 15x8's that i have now, but i got them from a friend who got them from ebay. and what about removing the T-cas drop? i figured leaving it would only help with the angle. maybe i'll just sell this lift and get the RE 5.5 or rusty's 6.5. is there any other company that makes a quality 6" lift? thanks!

Back