• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS shock conversions

mack

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my shock conversion today, man they are huge, do you have to drill out the upper shock mount for them to fit? they are 7/8", i don't remember the shock stem being that big, i don't get home from work till 11:30 at night, so i'll have to look in the AM, but any help you guy's can give me now will help.
thanks

mack said:
i just got my shock conversion today, man they are huge, do you have to drill out the upper shock mount for them to fit? they are 7/8", i don't remember the shock stem being that big, i don't get home from work till 11:30 at night, so i'll have to look in the AM, but any help you guy's can give me now will help.
thanks

Stock studs go into bushings that fill the hole. The shock conversion bolt is the same size as the fender hole.

No worries.

thank you.:wave:

Did you buy the BIG ARSE socket to tighten that thing down with yet? It's like 1 1/4" or something.

Crap!!!:mad:

mack said:

There has got to be a Sears near you, no? You will need a 1 1/4 socket, or a large crescent wrench. I think the instructions say to install the shock on to the conversion first, but my experience is that its easier to install the conversion onto the vehicle first, that way you can put a punch through the shock mounting hole while tightening it. You can also hold the bolt stationary and use the punch to rotate the conversion (there is limited space to work in). Just be careful not to booger up the threads.

One more tip: Run the big huge nylock nut down on the threads before installing it. It will be easier to install that way.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The RAIDERS were robbed.

Blazair said:
The RAIDERS were robbed.
come on now, that's in the past....:laugh3:

mack said:
come on now, that's in the past....:laugh3:

As a RAIDER fan, thats where I live. ;)

Mack, do you have ABS? If you do, its REAL fun to tighten up the drivers side bolt. You need 2 swivels and a 12" extension to get through the maze of brake lines.

Crap!....i do, this thing i was thinking i would do this saturday AM looks like's it's going to be an all day thing!

Don't let these guys get your panties in a bunch. It's not that bad.
Use a wrench because a socket won't fit the driver's side.
If it takes more than 1/2 hr you milked it.

kid4lyf said:
Don't let these guys get your panties in a bunch. It's not that bad.
Use a wrench because a socket won't fit the driver's side.
If it takes more than 1/2 hr you milked it.

What Kid said. I just took mine out changed shocks and reinstalled in just over an hour.

thats what i'm hoping for.
jrsxj98 said:
What Kid said. I just took mine out changed shocks and reinstalled in just over an hour.

Back