• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will front ds fit rear w/sye?

I know of a guy who's running a stock rear d/s from a 95 explorer 2dr 4x4 without having to adjust length. But I don't know about a front d/s from an xj working without having to modify

I had a 96 with the Tereflex HD SYE, and you could swap stock front ds to rear. I ran it with no problems. I also had the 8.25 and the HP 30 up front.

it has to be from an auto, it's longer then the ax15, i'm runnin a front shaft with PROC sye, i have an 8.25 rear and 5.5" lift.

siminsez01 said:
as the title says.

i have a 97 w/ 231, aw4, 8.25, d30. if i do a sye, can i get a front ds from any year cherokee to fit the rear without shortening/lengthening?

yeah it'll work
is your t-case the 231 "J" model?
if so you can use the cheap RE hack and tap sye or other** and adjust the amount you hack off the rear output shaft to achieve the "right" length to fit your needs

**i'm running a customized front yoke sye and a front xj d/s in the rear at 6.5-7" lift and it works fine and dandy..

I have a 231, aw4, 8.25 and have no problems with my setup. I'm using the front shaft out of an 89XJ with the RE hack and tap. I've got about 6" of measure lift in the rear and if anything I would say the driveline is almost too long.

Back