• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BG frigi-clean (AC related)

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
I've been trying to get a wet dog smell out of my AC for a few weeks now. Here is a link to the instructions for BG's "frigi-clean" foam that you pump into the evaporator housing.

My reason for posting is to ask how hard would it be to get to a location where I could drill the hole(see instructions at link above) in the housing to inject the foam on a 99?

I've had the dash pretty much completely apart before when I ran the wires for my OC, but I've heard any AC work is a major pain on the XJ.

Last edited:
I would have to recommend against drilling into the ac/heater box anywhere. Not a good idea. I would suggest trying this first. The air intake for the ac system in on the passenger side of the cowl, near the wiper arms. You can do 2 things, either spray through the vent grill, or remove the cowl panel and spray directly into the air intake duct. Any of the products for this problem work the same, they just cover up the smell with another smell.

I have battled this problem on many vehicles and really the only way to get the smell out is to replace the evaporator coil, and thourouly clean the inside of the box itself. An XJ dash isn't too bad to get out for an experienced person. Not a hard job, just lots of screws and a few bolts.

I have tried the BG frigi clean kit in a customers vehicle. It is a joke. Don't waste your time or money. One thing I have had luck though is another BG product called frigi fresh. It is an antibacterial spray for evaporators. It has always work pretty good for me. Might have to do it a few times but seems to get the job done. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for the replies :) I think I'll just try to loacate the frigi-fresh spray and give that a try. Any idea what stores may carry it locally in central western PA?

I've already hit it a couple times with lysol, but it came back :(

Back