• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

limit straps??

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 2001 XJ w/ a full-traction 6in long arm system on it. recently purchased fox 2.0 resi 11in travel for it. Do i need to strap the front, i may not be using a sway bar. if i should use the straps where should i mount them? I will be prerunning in the dez and not rock crawling much w/ my jeep.
thanks

JEEPSPEEDRCR said:
I have an 2001 XJ w/ a full-traction 6in long arm system on it. recently purchased fox 2.0 resi 11in travel for it. Do i need to strap the front, i may not be using a sway bar. if i should use the straps where should i mount them? I will be prerunning in the dez and not rock crawling much w/ my jeep.
thanks

You should so that if you accidentally jump it or fully droop your suspension at high speed that you dont pull anything apart or have the spring come out.

I think this is what im going to do. Easy enough, right? It bolts right into the lower sway bar mount.

LimitStrapStyle.jpg

The latest Petersen's has a ZJ in it that ran the Baja 500 and 1000. Still has the D30 in it. You could look at the pictures for ideas.

I think closer to the center of the axle would be better. Will keep the axle from traveling too far down, but not limit articulation, which you will still need and want.

Erik

Trailbst said:
The latest Petersen's has a ZJ in it that ran the Baja 500 and 1000. Still has the D30 in it. You could look at the pictures for ideas.

I think closer to the center of the axle would be better. Will keep the axle from traveling too far down, but not limit articulation, which you will still need and want.

Erik

That is probably why those guys do the center limiting straps, huh.
Do the Petersen's have a web sight? Are they on this forum?

Back