• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheres the noise coming from?

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Alright try to help me out the best you can.

Something up up front under my jeep is making a creeking/poping noise (best i could describe it) when it does do it it happens in all driving conditions but i can always get a responce when i put it in reverse, the cars rolling and i put on the brake. each time i release and brake it does it. The wierd thing is if i try this method in drive it wont happen.

New RE 5.5"
33'' TIRES

Track-bar I would guess. Get under the XJ and have somebody turn the wheel lock to lock while you hold the track-bar. Prob the TRE in the unibody mount.

Yup, I have RE's Track bar bracket and track bar....on the mount the bottom 2 bolts that hold the track bar bracket on the bottom side were comin' loose on me and popped like crazy, until i realized that what it was and I tighten those puppies down, no more pop.

I grabed the track bar and pulled and it moves a little. Its moving at the threads not the mount. whats up with that? i try tighten them up.

Thanks guys

more i mess around i dont think its the track bar... it seems to be coming from farther under the jeep... this is pissing me off

It could be the bushings on the axle end of your jeep. I had a noise similar to that whenever I would pop it in reverse and then stop.

the trackbar does make a little noise but i think i narrowed it down... when i push the jeep up and down it seems to come from the upper control arm mount on the frame??? its a new lift re 5.5''

mavrick said:
the trackbar does make a little noise but i think i narrowed it down... when i push the jeep up and down it seems to come from the upper control arm mount on the frame??? its a new lift re 5.5''

i have heard of this happening once or twice before, the only cure is to pull the whole lift off and send it to me for a year or two of test and trouble shooting:laugh3: :laugh3:

steagall9301 said:
i have heard of this happening once or twice before, the only cure is to pull the whole lift off and send it to me for a year or two of test and trouble shooting:laugh3: :laugh3:

so what your saying is just live with it

track bar bracket pops

I have a problem with the track bar bracket popping can i just weld it to the frame? Ive tried tightening it to the point im afraid im gona break something

93 sport, stock suspension

Back