• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyota Transfercase Question

St3mpy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I've had my S-10 leave for quite awhile. Getting ready to put them in, which will net me 4.5 inches probably,which is the requirment for a sye. My x-fercase is in the need of replacement. Instead of buying another np231 50 bucks at a junkyard, and then paying another 169 bucks to get a sye, I can mate a yota x-fercase to my ax-15, correct? I don't know anything about yota cases, but this does have a yoke on both ends, correct? Would this work? My main concern is saving money, and this seems to be the cheapest way. I'm a highschool student, so every penny counts :)

there is no doubt in my mind that it could be done, but it will require getting a custom made adapter and/or resplining a piece or two. the other problem is that (the good) Toyota t-cases are passenger side drop, so you'd need a different front axle and to cut up your floorboards. a D300 would be a more logical choice, but still not as logical as just getting another 231 and throwing an SYE on it. sometimes you can find good deals on 231s with an SYE from people upgrading to Atlas' or something else.

Back