• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP ! ! ! Need Bolts for Front Driveshaft

ARBOGASTER

NAXJA Forum User
I put in a SYE kit and moved my front driveshaft to the back. Now I need the bolts that go through the yoke on the transfer case and thread into the driveshaft. Any idea where I can get these ? ? ?

No The driveshaft itself is threaded (more precisely, the double Cardan part of the Shaft). I found some at the stealership but I went through three people before I got somone who understood what I was asking for. They kept asking me If I wanted the straps also ? ? I kept trying to tell them there arent any stinking straps just four bolts and a 1.5" long bolt that threads into the driveshaft at the transfer case end. It did not sound hard to me but apparently it was.. Thanks Langer1 . . . . . Thats funny cuz my name is Eric Lang and my highschool buds all call me Langer.

Those bolts, on both my 231 shaft and my 242 shaft (same shaft either way) are threaded 5/16"-24, and are (I think,) 1-3/4" long. Maybe 2" - get both and check.

In case you're wondering, the yoke bolts for D30/35 are 1/4"-28x1", and I use socket head capscrews for those. They have smaller heads, and the internal wrenching offered by the Allen key is easier than trying to work with a socket or a wrench with the strap coming up right next to them.

Thought you should know.

5-90

Back