• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front TJ Coils?

erikrs301

NAXJA Forum User
I remember seeing somethingabout this years ago. How do front TJ coils sit on a XJ? A 3" lift spring gives 2.5" of lift, a 1/2" less lift?

What 2.5" coil options are out ther for the XJ besides OME and letting Rusty's 3" coils wear out?

I think Rancho makes them.
TJ spring rates are way too soft from what I've read, but no personal experience.
BTW I got almost 6" actual from my rusty's 4.5" coils, and they haven't sagged yet.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
I think Rancho makes them.
TJ spring rates are way too soft from what I've read, but no personal experience.
BTW I got almost 6" actual from my rusty's 4.5" coils, and they haven't sagged yet.
I think the softer spring rate is what makes then end up with a 1/2" less, that would make sense then.

I had a good set of Rusty's 4.5" give me 5.5", but I also had a set of 3" coils, years ago, that dropped to about 2" after a bit of abuse. I see he now has an HD 3" coils with a stiffer spring rate.

OME started shipping out 4" TJ coils earlier this year and I've considered them on the MJ, OME rated them at Medium duty for a TJ but still much softer than thier XJ coil rates

RobertF said:
V8 ZJ coils with a 3/4" spacer will net you 2.5" and a good spring rate.

Make sure you get the "up country" V8 coils, they are about 1" taller.
I ran this setup for a while and it rode pretty smooth.

I have RE 4.5 TJ coils in the front of my XJ and they gave me about 3.5 lift but I bought them used and no idea what kind of life they have had (abused or just used).They work fine ,no issuses so far.I just need to put my 2" spacers in with them to try and match my S10 bastard BDS AAL RE blocks and RRO shackles in the back that gave me about 7" of lift!

I'm using 1.75 spacers with stock xj coils and they are sagging again. This is the second pair of stock coils I've put on and they've started to sag just like the first. I'm almost to 18.5 inches on one front corner.

I was looking at some OMEs. Does anybody else make a 2.5 inch coil?

Back