• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SOA conversion kit

IUPxj94

NAXJA Forum User
well the title says it, i am looking for a soa conversion kit(if there is such a thing) last tim i tried to do this i got the perches a little off center and the azle is not even left to right. so i was hoping that there might be a kit to help with this process.

thanks
dave

i guess it might help to tell you that i am converting an 89 mj to SOA

IUPxj94 said:
so i was hoping that there might be a kit to help with this process.

tape measure?

All that's involved is welding on new mounts, just have to measure so you stick 'em in the right spot. Measure twice, weld once. :repair:

I have done this conversion 3 times. 2 cause i bent, the D35 housing while wheeling. Finally upgraded to the 8.8. The best way to do the conversion, is to buy/make a set of spring perches, and mock it up.

Let the springs hang freely, then with a tape, measure from the perch to the backing plate, or what ever iyou choose to that is the same on both side of the axle, or find the center point of the axle, and measure to it, and equal it up that way. after you have it centered the way you like it, then it is time to set your pinion angle. You didnt say wether or not your are running a SYE or not, but if you are aim the pinion towards the T-case. You are going to want to check this many times. Also this is a good time to test fit your shocks, and cycle your suspension, before you wle on your mounts. after you feel confident with everything, Tack the perches in place, then remove the axle and weld it up. If you have everything right, and all the tools, this should take anywhere from a couple of hours to half a day. It all depends.

Here is a link to my webshots, where yo can see the rebuild of my rig

http://community.webshots.com/user/cj7xjmj

Back