• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random sawzall fun

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
the ol' sawzall looked lonely today, so I did this:

fbchop0.jpg

fbchop4.jpg

just thought I'd share :D

Looks Cool but arent those edges sharp?

is there and opening on the botton of the bumper or did you seal it somehow? Either way I't looks cool and I like to run with sharp objects and I havent poked my eye out yet

Mark

87 4.0 auto 242 (4'' or so too cheap) lots o fender cuting I like the sazwall too. tj flares 33x12.5 bfg mudd need more lift soon.
Still does well at 216 k miles.

Looks cool, nice touch. Having a problem with an oil leak or is it the rad, front diff looks soaked! Hack something else up, I like it!

My jigsaw looks kinda lonley now too lol
you could always put some of that door edgeing strip on in chrome or black to protect the edges
Bose

actually, I'm going to grind it a little smoother too.

the soaked underside was from a tranny cooler line that let loose about a week ago

it blew on the highway doin about 70, all I saw was a huge cloud of smoke behind me, the motor was still running but the Jeep wasn't puttin power to the ground.

that scared the livin sh1t outta me :eek:

BUmper looks cool, my question is what kind of flares are those you have, I put some YJ flares on the front (Like everybody else who can't afford Bushwhackers) but yours are differnt and it looks like you were able to cut up higher than me.............do tell, do tell.......

Hey Cheap, when do we get to see the tech write up on your site??:D :D

gettinbetterXJ said:
BUmper looks cool, my question is what kind of flares are those you have, I put some YJ flares on the front (Like everybody else who can't afford Bushwhackers) but yours are differnt and it looks like you were able to cut up higher than me.............do tell, do tell.......

different? they're just YJ flares.

I removed the plastic inner fender liner, and hammered over the pinch seam on the floor (at the rear of the wheel opening) making it almost flat. I lined the top of the YJ flare up with the body line, marked it and then just cut the hell outta it. did a writeup here: http://www.cheapxj.com/2dyjf.html

looking at the pics in this post it didn't look the same but after reading your write up and the pics there I see that they are...my mistake for sounding like an idiot! LOL

Back