• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear trail #s

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
Sequoia, Remi, Ed or whomever..... 2N02 leaves Pioneer Town and heads West to Baldwin Lake..... Going this direction where the road gets to some of it's narrowest parts East of the Rose Queen mine there is a trail that heads down to the base of the mountain and then turns away (2N19Y ????) I can't remember the # its a black<z> trail, I thought it would come back up to the "main Rd." 2N02 but I wound up coming out at 2N01 from 2N89Y just south of 2N02 & 2N01 Jct. Its been YEARS ! since I was down in there & came out further West of where I thought I would. Fun stuff but when you've got some rigs wait'n on the main road theres no time to explore. So I guess my Q. is whats the name of this trail/area if any at all. Sequoia you mentioned you wanted to run this but haven't ..... it's not quite as bad as the rock area we ran back in April....shorter... at least the section we ran today, there are other trails down off in there.
Whos got a book with the trail #s.
See Ya !!
Curt (Xtreme XJ)

I need to get a book with numbers!

Anyway, are you talking about the road by the meadow area, past the rose mine (which now has iron bars over the opening) off to your left?

I've never completed that trail myself. I ran it in March of 2001 (Right after I put my 3" on) and it was equal in difficulty to our rock gareden from before. In fact in one spot (where I chicked out! :)) it's worse. I don't know what it's like today, but it should be fun.

Sequoia

I am one of hte ones with the book with trail numbers, but it's inaccessible at the moment as it's packed in a box while I'm doing remodeling/construction upstairs :(

Remi

2N61Y (edit, I had to get my "unauthorized roads" map out)

This is the leader trail to get to the Pontiac Sluice and Onyx Loop.

(edit, I was planning to run a few trails in the area on the 5th (with a family picnic at Broome Spring).

So, who can wheel it on July 5th?

Last edited:
GSequoia said:
I need to get a book with numbers!

Anyway, are you talking about the road by the meadow area, past the rose mine (which now has iron bars over the opening) off to your left?

Sequoia

Sequoia... From the Pi. Town side you go through the area with houses and come to a mine area... real white mountain down into and cross a wash (two trails on Dr. side/ S.side) then you start to climb along the mountain side (still on 2N02) on a narrower part of the trail then you come across another marked side trail it's a black <Z> trail. If you continue on the "main 2N02" trail you'll come to the Rose Queen mine then a Jct. with 2N01 which is at the E. end of the sagebrush meadow and the 2N02 2N03 split at the W.end of the meadow.
I had one of those W.W.R. time peroids... LOL ! About an hours worth... LOL ! not so much wrong way but ! where the HELL! is the main road? (2N02)
So Sequoia ...you might need to organize a recon. party to run all those trails down in there... who knows there might not be too much more but it might be worth a trip.
See Ya !!
Curt (Xtreme XJ)

Ed A. Stevens said:
2N61Y (edit, I had to get my "unauthorized roads" map out)

This is the leader trail to get to the Pontiac Sluice and Onyx Loop.

(edit, I was planning to run a few trails in the area on the 5th (with a family picnic at Broome Spring).

So, who can wheel it on July 5th?

Right on Ed.... 2N61Y sounds like what I saw. I forgot there were other trails down in there. Got any copies of the "unauthorized roads" maps? ;~). I'm work'n till 7-12. It was fairly warm up there on Sun. & even hotter down here.....
Thanks Ed.....
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Back