• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this look right? (TB Question)

BigBlackXJAlex

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new... very new to posting and jeeps, so I apoligize in advance for messin this up. so, does this look right (pictures if I could attach them - I don't have time to figure learn code)? I'm concerned with the amount of clearance the TB has in the stock bracket. To me, when I think about the suspension moving, it looks like the TB is going to bind on top of the bracket. HELP!

2000 XJ, 2 door, 3" skyjacker w/add-a-leaf and 1" spacers in front, totalling ~ 4" & 32" tires. I replaced the trackbar relocation bracket from skyjacker with a heavier one from rough country after it broke into three pieces. since things haven't seen right... steering wheel outa whack (not centered), wheels not centered under front end (to the passenger side and inch further, so half an inch off center).

so I talked to a good friend that's really into lifting jeeps and he suggested that I get an adjustable trackbar and kill "several birds" with one stone... now I'm too embarrassed to go ask him for help as I think I may bought the wrong one. I bought one off ebay, supposedly a rough country for XJs with 3"-6" of lift.

any help will be appreciated... even you just tell me i did get the wrong part and I'm an idiot

I can get some pictures out to the web or emailed if needed.

THNX!
Alex

I say just get the wheels centered with the vehicle and redrill to hole in the track bar mount, alot of guys run that setup with good results. Buying a good adjustable TB would be the best.

You need a good trackbar and also maintain trackbar/draglink alignment.

Re: PICTURES ADDED

This is what I was talking about... particularly in the third pic.

TB1.jpg

TB2.jpg

TB3.jpg

hmmm, for some reason that dosen't look too adjustable to me. Anyhow, I just lifted my jeep up to 3", and will be spacing it too. At our height, you can get away with a non adjustable tb, it's just not recommended. The thing looks like its tight in there, so take it to someone and get a alignment done. Best 50 bucks I've spent in a while. If you do come across an adjustable tb and at a good pricew, grab it.
good luck.
and also, i am over here in pittsburgh. if you ever wheeling out here look me up

I've got a rusty's adjustable trackbar with drop mount...... for sale
i eliminated the use of it on my XJ with the addition of a 4-link :)
Its actually stronger than stock, we machined a chromoly adjustable end piece to assure it wouldn't break (it bent once at the end)

Its 200 bucks new from rustys (and it might as well be new now)
throw out and offer if your interested

Back