• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

X-Fer case Help

David95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, so on my DD that i never wheel and treat very nicely it has developed some bad symptoms.

In 4wd, when i go in reverse the whoel front ends pops and jolts very very bad. I have checked hte ujoints in the front DS.

The other sound when in 2wd no matter what gear, forward or reverse. Is this loud ticking sound. I checked the rear DS and the U-joints are tight. My buddy and i think its coming from a bearing or something loose in the Transfer Case, there is a small amout of seepage from the case, but the level is still full.

Any ideas.?

David

well there is grease in the diff's,

How would i know about the chain?? anyway to tell.

With the blown gears in the front....would it make sounds in 2wd to?

David

Would the front u-joints only pop when they are in reverse?

Also the fluid is normal reddish, light pink

David

Im gion gto flush it tomorrow hopefully

If they was enough wear in the t-case to cause the problem you describe you would see it in the fluid color.

I had the same thing happen in my Dodge truck and it turned out to be a tooth broke off in the rear ring gear, it would go forward with just a slight click, but would really bind up in reverse.

Put it up on the lift today.

No sound is coming from the rear. When the front tires are spun, it sounds like a spray paint can in the output side of the transfer case. At least i know where the sound and the problem is. Now ijust got to figure out how to fix it.

David

Back