• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which dana 44 ??

xjjunkie

NAXJA Forum User
whats a good doner to get a dana 44 front axle out of to put into my 91, going to use a long arm kit. need 6 lug also, so bolt pattern matches my 8.8 full floater lug pattern

thanks, scot

Cleary, the best choice would be an '80s Waggy D44. Standard cut, ~62" wms-wms, 6 lug, driverside drop, SUA, non vac. disco housing. Be weary of the '83 Waggy D44s due to the vac. disco housing.

I just had a HP dana 44 from a ford f250 cut down to waggy axle size so I can use waggy axles, brakes,hubs etc.....gotta test fit it this week.. have already tried and axles fit into carrier correctly so all sould be cool!...the axle tubes on the HP 44 are 3/8" thick!

The best combination is like Brian just said. Use a Ford HP housing, which will be drivers side pumkin, cut it down to use stock Waggy axles, and use flat top Chevy knuckles or Waggy knuckles. Some Waggy knuckles are also flat top. Both the Chevy and Waggy hubs will be six lug.

I did this, sort of. Used an F150 housing, narrowed to fit Warn Waggy axles, and Chevy knuckles for the hy-steer. Only difference is that I used F150 hubs and rotors to get the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

The drivers side drop Waggy axle would be the easiest......don't have to narrow it, it's six lug, but it's not high pinion.

Back