• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rhino the outside

snacob14

NAXJA Forum User
anyone here have some pics of their cher's lined on the outside. im' about to have mine done possibly and just want to get an idea of the advantages and how it looks. i'm going to have mine done to the bottom of the doors where the seem runs down the entire body. what kind of experience have you had with it. i'm planning on going to rhino and having it done by a pro it will only cost around 300 to have it done. any info would be great

Heeeere's Remi!

remi.jpg

It's Herculiner...but same idea.

Last edited:
Here's mine. It's the 3M Ruberized Undercoating that you can buy from AutoZone. Just don't wash the rig with Simple Green -it washed all of the black pigment out and now the rig is more of a dirty fadded grey color.

bermweb.jpg

snacob14 said:
anyone here have some pics of their cher's lined on the outside. im' about to have mine done possibly and just want to get an idea of the advantages and how it looks. i'm going to have mine done to the bottom of the doors where the seem runs down the entire body. what kind of experience have you had with it. i'm planning on going to rhino and having it done by a pro it will only cost around 300 to have it done. any info would be great
Well, it looks different :D I like it cause I don't have to worry about paint and such. It would definately look good if a pro did it: mine's fairly ugly, but that's cause I did with a brush. Anyways, I'll do the rest of it when I get around to it (I ran out of herculiner before I finished it, as it was leftover from other projects).

Read also this

I had Line-X shot on mine 5 years ago. Here is what she looked like three years after the Line-X. It still looks as good, if not better as I put an even more UV stable coating on it which was bought from my Line-x dealer.

parked.jpg

Here's mine with smooth UV Durabak:

attachment.php

Beej said:
Something seems to be missing, my American friend... :D

I have this pic on my pc and on Pirate4x4.com I don't have it set up on another website, can you see it? It's my avatar pic, just bigger and better. :laugh3:

Last edited:
Beej said:
Something seems to be missing, my American friend... :D

You think?

MGrobe said:
I had Line-X shot on mine 5 years ago. Here is what she looked like three years after the Line-X. It still looks as good, if not better as I put an even more UV stable coating on it which was bought from my Line-x dealer.

parked.jpg

Nice Line-XJ! That actually looks pretty good.

After doing the outside of my CJ, I dont know if I would do a bedliner on the outside again. If you mess it up somehow, you have to mix up another batch of the bedliner, and then do it again. Also if you want to do any body work, you have to take if off, or "repaint" the area that you redid. I would just do spray paint, and call it good. Heres a pic of the CJ, just fyi. Its Herculiner, and it has the full amount of the rubber in it.
CindysBday001.jpg

CindysBday003.jpg

Starboard M said:
After doing the outside of my CJ, I dont know if I would do a bedliner on the outside again. If you mess it up somehow, you have to mix up another batch of the bedliner, and then do it again. Also if you want to do any body work, you have to take if off, or "repaint" the area that you redid. I would just do spray paint, and call it good. Heres a pic of the CJ, just fyi. Its Herculiner, and it has the full amount of the rubber in it.
CindysBday001.jpg

CindysBday003.jpg
body work? what's that? :D

cracker said:
Nice Line-XJ! That actually looks pretty good.

Thanks. It does look very nice in person. I had a local body shop guy that liked it a lot and he had it done as well on another vehicle. The texture in the Line-X helps hide dents. I leaned against a couple of trees (of course on the passenger-side) and popped the dents out some afterward and the Line-X hides the damage pretty well. You would have to be looking for a dent to notice the smaller ones. Plus it hasn't even come close to peeling off anywhere. I still am plenty pleased with doing it, haven't regretted it at all.

Back