• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5RE lift in the mail

BattyBlueXJ

NAXJA Member #1270
So my lift(RE3.5super flex) is finally on its way and from my research ive came to a conclusion that i might whant to buy a JKS Adjustable trackbar and a 3/4" spacer for the front coils.

I have a 93 country and 32X10.5 tsr radials with 4.5" of backspacing on my wheels. I know i need to trim and im making bumpers and skids on my own. So any thoughts on the ADJ trackbar, like if really need to buy it now b4 i install my lift and on the spacer would be great. I think the spacers might be a good idea

Any other thoughts on what i may want to put on with this lift other than you guys getting all into a ruckus saying dana 44's, arbs so on and so forth would be awsome. im just looking for just basic ideas and tips on what is essential to have a good jeep with the RE 3.5 that is barly a DD to the extent of 30 miles a day. Thanks guys!!!!!!

look into RE's trac bar. the JKS will eventualy limit travel, the RE will drop out but keep getting closer to the drivers side so really either will limit travel, but I guess you would be kinda stuck with a JKS bec. the RE heave duty doesn't com in till 4.5" lift.

I just did a 3.5 re lift sunday on a guys xj. everything woent good till we started on the rear shocks and if you know anything abotu xj's they all busted. so he is going to have the rear sway bar axle brackets welded up for a bpe. you may want to look into this to as yours is a 93 and my 93 busted 3 of 4.

Thanks Dano, well ill be going higher then 3.5" at the end of winter just starting small for now and building up after i make all my armor and so on and so forth. so do you guys think i should just wait to buy a adj track bar till next year or do you think i need it now??? Also my shocks were just changed b4 i bought my jeep so i dont think they would break but if they do i have no problem cuting into the jeep floor and droping/tacking some grade 8 bolts in.

What do you think about the 3/4" spacer in the front??? Has anyone done this??

I've run various combinations of front coil spacers without noticeable un-wanted affects. I've used Rancho 3" springs plus Tomken 2" steel-hat spacers, along with stock spring isolator; RE 5.5 coils plus Tomken, plus 3/4 polyurethane spacer (Whaay too high--lower control arms completely bottomed out--giving me "0" down travel)--took out Tomken's and added dropped control arm brackets, which I highly recommend unless your going long-arm. After adding weight of Chevy 350, I added additional stock isolator to top of spring--so now running 3/4 spacer pluss two spring isolators along with RE 5.5 springs; however, I still haven't compensated for the additional weight of the Chevy/NV4500 trans install. But again, all these various spacers only affected ride height, as far as I can tell.
You've probably heard it said by others, but after spending way too much time, and money going through too many iterations, I say think long and hard about what you expect from your "rig", and TRY to do it ONCE. My opinion is that once you go beyond a true 3'(measured!) lift, all kinds of unwanted side affects occur requireing more changes that generally require complete front end dissasembly to re do. So best to do it the first time (or at least try).

Back