• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A better dana 300 twinstick

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
One of my local buddys I got tired of the crappy twin sticks on the market (He is ditching the blingin currie setup for these), so we decided to build our own with out the extra slop associated with traditional twinsticks. Here is a parts list....
6 inches of 1 inch round tubing with a 3/16 wall
4 feet of 5/8ths solid cold rolled steel
Plate:
2 inches widex6inches long 3/8ths thick
1 1/4inch wide x 8 inches long 3/16 thick
Bolts:
2) 5/8ths x 3 inches long
2) 5/16" bolts 1/2 inches long
10) 5/16" washers
Rod ends:
2)5/16ths female heims rh thread summit PN SUM-MSF5
2)5/16ths male heims rh thread summit PN SUM-MSM5
If you cant find the 1 inch 3/16 wall tubing then get 1 inch 1/4 wall.But if you do substitute 2 of the 5/8 BOLTS for 1/2 inch bolts(same length).
If there is any interest, I will get our original drawing and scan it. All in all I spent about $70 for two sets of twin sticks. As for the rest of my junk, you will just have to wait to see what I have done to it...

twinstick3.jpg

twinstick2.jpg

twinstick1.jpg
[/

rember heim joints should be mounted in double shear these will never last hasta

kidding:laugh3: looks kinda cool

also, use jam nuts on the male rod ends.

think about it, the rod end can't come undone as long as the rod ends stay connected, also, good idea on the lock washers, we were just mocking them up, I am putting those on tonight :D

davidt said:
think about it, the rod end can't come undone as long as the rod ends stay connected, also, good idea on the lock washers, we were just mocking them up, I am putting those on tonight :D
The jam nuts are to protect the threads. Whenever you have a tie rod type system you need something to keep the threads tight against each other. Otherwise, they will be wearing down quickly and eventually pull out.
This is especially important when you don't have a lot of thread inserted like here.

Back