• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help!!!!

BLUECHEROKEE744

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE 4.5 inch susp lift, w/2.5 inch spacers, and jks adj control arms, i have 33 TSL super swampers on. i put all this on and i had death wobble all the time real bad. so i got my caster fixed and got it aligned. it helped out a lot w/ death wobble, but i have a real bad vibration. Is there any ideas on what it could be? I'm getting a new trac bar to go w/ my new height, will this help?

BLUECHEROKEE744 said:
I have a RE 4.5 inch susp lift, w/2.5 inch spacers, and jks adj control arms, i have 33 TSL super swampers on. i put all this on and i had death wobble all the time real bad. so i got my caster fixed and got it aligned. it helped out a lot w/ death wobble, but i have a real bad vibration. Is there any ideas on what it could be? I'm getting a new trac bar to go w/ my new height, will this help?
rear angles? What tcase, what year? what tranny? If you search the forums it's been discussed many times over:
1. you might not have enough spline engagement on the driveshaft
2. you might have your pinion pointed in the wrong direction (Without sye, angle out should be equal to the angle into the tcase, with sye your pinion should point right under the tcase)
3. check your balance on the tires
4. SEARCH

First, you need to devluge some info like year,auto/stick, rearend model ya know all that stuff. That can be quite a determining factor for a quality diagnosis in some cases. I'm sure our NAXJA resident experts will be willing and able to assist. Thank you, and please come again.

I would suggest going through and making sure that everything is good and tight. It can only take one loose bolt to shake the paint off your jeep. Are you still with the sock trackbar at 7in. of lift? :doh:

i have a 98 4 door cherokee, automatic,dana30 front, 8.25 rear. the pinion angle lines up w/ t-case. i have the trac bar that came w/ the 4.5 inch lift, but had to force ALOT to get it in the bracket. my front drive shaft isn't even in right now (needs to be lenghend). thanks and keep em comin please

BLUECHEROKEE744 said:
i have a 98 4 door cherokee, automatic,dana30 front, 8.25 rear. the pinion angle lines up w/ t-case. i have the trac bar that came w/ the 4.5 inch lift, but had to force ALOT to get it in the bracket. my front drive shaft isn't even in right now (needs to be lenghend). thanks and keep em comin please
I don't see how trackbar could cause vibes at speed. Anyways sounds like you don't have sye, so I guess it's time for one. WIth the RE 4.5" lift you will be at 4.5"+ which means very little spline engagement which is a common cause of the vibes.

Don't forget to check that pesky rubber tranny mount. But yes, bad motor mounts are also sneaky!

What were you at before the vibes (height wise) and then what now? Did you do the SYE the same time you did all the rest of the stuff? Did you shim the rear axle?

bburge

i got a sye w/ my 4.5 lift, and yes the axle was shimmed, i think i will have to get a different degree tho. now im a 7 in the front, i havent done nething to the bac but its pretty level, i'm going to do l inch lift blocks tho. the vibes are pretty bad from 20-55, but past that its not too bad. im still getting new to all this stuff, so if you could maybe tell me where all the motor mounts are, the rubber tranny mount, and could you tell me where i could get some of these items. it vibes when accelerating, but i would have to say its the worst when coasting. i got my lift 8 months ago, so everything should be fine w/ the driveshaft bc that was custom made and all that. when i get my lift blocks put on i'm getting new u-bolts. You guys have been real helpful just keep on helpin please, i really appreciate it.

BLUECHEROKEE744 said:
i got a sye w/ my 4.5 lift, and yes the axle was shimmed, i think i will have to get a different degree tho. now im a 7 in the front, i havent done nething to the bac but its pretty level, i'm going to do l
inch lift blocks tho.
Are you saying that you don't have shims in the rear? or that you do? For SYE, the pinion should point about one to two degrees underneath the output of the tcase.
<edit> ok, I woke up and it just hit me, you lifted front more and left rear lone. SInce you don't have the front shaft installed that should make no differnce. Concentrate looking at the motor mounts: one is under the transmission on top of hte crossmember, two are in the engine bay, one on each side.
the vibes are pretty bad from 20-55, but past that its not too bad. im still getting new to all this stuff, so if you could maybe tell me where all the motor mounts are, the rubber tranny mount, and could you tell me where i could get some of these items. it vibes when accelerating, but i would have to say its the worst when coasting. i got my lift 8 months ago, so everything should be fine w/ the driveshaft bc that was custom made and all that. when i get my lift blocks put on i'm getting new u-bolts. You guys have been real helpful just keep on helpin please, i really appreciate it.
The fact hat the driveshaft was made custom doesn't mean that a ujoint might not be going bad or that it's out of balance.

Last edited:
ok well today i was on the way to the beach and bout half way i notice smoke coming out the back so i pull over and i'm smoking and leaking transmission fluid, i blew the front transmission seal, so im gonna get both front and back seals replaced. when i get this work done will the tech. thats working on it be able to tell if the motor mounts are bad? I'll have them check out the u-joints as well. Do you kno if i would have gotten new motor mounts w/ my RE 4.5 inch lift? im thinkin i didnt. if not ill get some. should i get the 1 inch motor mount lift? and is there any way to lower the t-case lower than an inch

Last edited:
BLUECHEROKEE744 said:
Do you kno if i would have gotten new motor mounts w/ my RE 4.5 inch lift? im thinkin i didnt. if not ill get some. should i get the 1 inch motor mount lift?
I think you're thinking of TJ's and body lifts.
and is there any way to lower the t-case lower than an inch
I think that is a bad idea.

BLUECHEROKEE744 said:
oh ok, i found some bulletproof motor mounts, it'll be a while b4 i can get them, i dont have any money right now
Bulletproof mounts aren't too "soft" and they transmit a lot of vibes into the cab (I'm not saying they're bad, as they are nearly literally bulletproof, just making sure you know what you're getting). Anyways, are you mounts bad? The engine mounts: do they look "sagged" and separating? Suggestion to look at them and examine as potential cause didn't mean go and replace them first thing :D

Back