• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offshoot from CO roadtrip

SoNjJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I just realized that NAXJA COfest was talking place..... I'm from Albuquerque and will be in Colorado for MHJC's All 4 Fun this week..... i've nevr wheeled Colorado before and while i do have a somewhat built XJ, i have pratically no experenice nor do i have much of a spare parts collection.... so say if i were to be in the area at the same time... would there be any passenger seats open for a day or two so i can get a taste of what all the CO wheelin is about? It would be an awesomre addition to my 4 week road trip around the state

I'm sure you can find a seat or even better just wheel your jeep!! we got lots of parts floating around

If i show up in my rig.... which trails would you guys suggest that are easier......somewhere around an intermediate level... with some technical spots ... I cannot stand narrow shelf roads.... did those in the San Juans around Ouray.... took 2 months to get all of the underwear out of my butt.. probably doesn't leave with much as it seems like there's shelf roads everywhere, HAHA ( Born and raised in New Jersey)... Is there something that's challenging but without a drop off on the sides that would send me to my death?

As a flatlander myself, last year, I was much more comfetable around B.V. than I was out at Ouray :wierd: , not near the drop offs. Last year we took a couple of stocks thru Chinamans. It has easier lines bypassing the hard parts. I'd say that the best thing would be to get out there with it.

BTW how's your XJ set up?

We'll see ya in Aug.

Daryl

Im not afraid to admit that my XJ is built up more than my abilities are... i had the time and the money at the time to build it up good.... I kinda wish i spent more time wheeling it closer to stock so i could get a better feel for it but oh well, those days are LONG gone

1999 XJ
AW4/4.0
5" RE/RUSTYS Hybrid with drop brackets
30/8.25 with 4.56 gears
SYE
35" BFG all terrains
homemade rockrails
skid plates
Rigid front bumper with MM8000 winch
ORT rear bumper with tire carrier
fender trimming
i think thats the major things ive had done..... the rock rails are not of the best quality and need to be replaced with a better set

I'm not a noob to wheeling as i've done mud and sand for many many years but rocks are still relatively new to me and i will accept all any any spotter help

SoNjJeep said:
Im not afraid to admit that my XJ is built up more than my abilities are... i had the time and the money at the time to build it up good.... I kinda wish i spent more time wheeling it closer to stock so i could get a better feel for it but oh well, those days are LONG gone

1999 XJ
AW4/4.0
5" RE/RUSTYS Hybrid with drop brackets
30/8.25 with 4.56 gears
SYE
35" BFG all terrains
homemade rockrails
skid plates
Rigid front bumper with MM8000 winch
ORT rear bumper with tire carrier
fender trimming
i think thats the major things ive had done..... the rock rails are not of the best quality and need to be replaced with a better set

I'm not a noob to wheeling as i've done mud and sand for many many years but rocks are still relatively new to me and i will accept all any any spotter help
We got lots you can run with that set up that aint all that scary!!

Scary is what it is where its at. If I don't get juiced, I get bored.

If you dont like the shelf roads then dont do the Mt. Antero run.Just about the whole top half of the trail is shelf road with continuous death drops.I dont like shelf roads either and ran Antero last year with Bones and some others and it was quite unnerving.I'll keep driving them though until the fear is gone because shelf roads have some of the best views.You should be able to do plenty of the trails around the area we'll be in.

Back