• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$850-$1200 for an interior cage

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
I just called up a local company that would be able to custom design/install/paint a cage for the interior of my jeep. DOM .120" I think is what he said. He quoted me (roughly) $850 to cover all the passengers and driver, which would just include the front and rear seats. $1200 or so if I wanted the interior completely caged.

Does that seem like a decent price to you guys? I know that some cages that come pre-made can be cheaper than that, but when factoring in shipping, and having someone install it, it could come out to the same price. Any thoughts?

that sounds like a very good price if it includes labor.... go for it!!

Get some references, not necessarily a Jeep, but a street driver with full interior, if that's what yours is. Get some assurances that the interior panels, headliner, etc won't be screwed up in the process. Welding in a cage, it's very easy to melt plastic parts, burn the headliner and seats, even warp the roof panel.

I've seen their cage, but I honestly did like it too much. It seems way to expensive to be a bolt on kit, and anything else that you'd want to add costs an arm and a leg. The spreader bar that you can buy which wraps behind the front seats is nearly $130 which is too much in my opinion.

Back