• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing axle shaft

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
just bought another xj. a old 85 that was a tough truck challenge vechicle. for 50 bucks u cant beat it. anyways the front driver side axle shaft broke last time the guy went wheeling so i need to replace it. One of the only things i have never replaced on a cherokee is an axle shaft. its a dana 30. if someone has a link for help or there own instructions it would help a lot
thanks

Time to get to know your d30. It is a pretty easy job, just time consuming. I never delt with my d30 before and had to replace my axleshaft and it was a pretty straight up job. I didn't know anything about it, but I just started to take it apart and before I knew it I was pulling my axleshaft out. The hardest part I had was the bolts holding my caliper on. Make sure you spray them good with PB Blaster or something just as good so you have a better chance at getting them out. Good luck.

Kim.

bigpimpinben said:
anything on the install of the part that the hub and steering linkage connect to?

You mean knuckle???

Back