• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4'' vs Rusty's 4.5''

Love my rusty's 4.5 got my 33's and love the flex. I think that RE wants way too much for their stuff. The only thing that I had to buy that didn't come with my rusty's kit was lock-tite. Went in smooth and I got full rear packs for 650 bucks. It's a great kit that comes with everything.

Im gonna stand by rusty's. I have the 4.5" full leaf pack and i love it. But do a search, the RE vs Rustys topic has been beat to death on this forum.

-Will

I have the RE 4.5 on since March.

I just drove from DC to GA. Nice ride.

Offroad seems fine, but I'm not fully skidded and railed yet, so I don't do too much crazy stuff.

I had a BDS 3" kit on mine. Then I swaped in the Rusty's 4.5".
I'll tell you that everything I've gotten from Rusty has been well worth the money. I felt the shipping was worth it when you consider he's shipping two full leaf packs.

Another note: My 4.5" kit has been tested in Eastern and Southern KY for 6 Months. I have absolutely NO regrets.

Good luck!

i've got RE 4.5 springs, after 2 years still 4.5", my buddy has Rusty's 4.5" springs, after 4 month's! under 3.5", it's really a$$low and looks like crap.

does it really matter?

Dude, totally search this place... that said..
I have had my re4.5 kit for a year now. 30,000mi on it, works good. the lift is quality, the track bar, swaybar disco's crap!
ditch them and go with some one elses if you get the re kit

no matter what you go with you will be wrenching the thing all the time after you lift it.
somthing will always be breaking, wearing out, or just plain noisy.
hey that's the joys of owning a jeep. :repair:

look's like a teraflex kit to me.

uhh, that 4 inch kit is superlift.......

ChandlerXJ said:
does this kit have spacers and shackles? will a sye be immediatrly needed with this, anyone got this kit?
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=113

Spacers as in front spacers? No, but they are only like $30.

It does come with rear shackles. It is full 3.5" leaf packs and a 1.25" shackle.

It comes with a TC drop, I ran the drop for a few weeks with very minimal vibes at low speeds. But you will want a SYE as soon as you can.

after 101k, only problem was the heim joint on the re tb dying one after the other.

than i figured out the best way to lube it.

re very nice...

sv

Back