• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much lift can be done till the front sway bars need to be made longer?

The 3" ProChump shouldve come with extended links, and eyelet conversion brackets. Mine did.

Mine did not come with any of that stuff. I bought it from summit in 2001 for 399.99. It came with new coils, trackbar bracket, a add a leaf, lower control arms, and shocks, thats it.

since when there are freeways in canada?

canadianwheeler said:
I dont wanna lose my family taking a freeway exit

Im at 4.5" w/ no swaybars and it is plenty stable. Its a lifted jeep so take that into acount and you should be alright. O yeah, its a DD too.

Jeepkid8037 said:
Im at 4.5" w/ no swaybars and it is plenty stable. Its a lifted jeep so take that into acount and you should be alright. O yeah, its a DD too.

I'm not too sura of what or even where a Moraga is, but in english speaking countries a FAMILY is kinda important. We're talking even more important than anything else on the planet. Even those little things in our shorts.

OK, now go back and re-read all them letter things in this thread.

SLOWLY

Maybe even aloud.

:doh:

91 Jeep Project said:
That's just Super, tried any Emergency Maneuvers yet?

Yeah. There is body role but nothing to excessive to cause an accident. It is very controllable.

Bent: I was in no way trying to say your or anyone elses family isnt important. I merely saw the statement about ditching the front swaybar so i thought i would add my thoughts about it and the handling characteristics etc. And yes, Moraga is in an english speaking state. No need to bash just providing soem additional thoughts to the post.

-Will

why are you asking?

honestly - if you are spending the $$$ on a lift, might as well spend 30.00 and get some used RE Gen 1 discos...

they arent that expensive, people have made their own - and you might as well...

i mean - EVERYONE on the jeep forum told you to keep the sway bar...

and if the guys on the forum say it - It must be true!

Jeepkid8037 said:
Yeah. There is body role but nothing to excessive to cause an accident. It is very controllable.

-Will

I take it that you've never seen "very controllable" roll on the highway, I'm not talking rolling on the tires either.

I wasn't bashing, I honestly didn't think you read/understood the question.

TIM

Jeepkid8037 said:

I merely saw the statement about ditching the front swaybar so i thought i would add my thoughts about it and the handling characteristics etc...
No need to bash just providing soem additional thoughts to the post.
-Will
Will, it is very dangerous and foolish to drive around without a front swaybar without some other mods to accommodate it. You might think it handles okay until you have to swerve at 45 to avoid something and your jeep rolls over killing someone. This topic has been hashed many a time on this and other boards. IT IS NOT ADVISABLE. Please keep other people safe as well as yourself and put your swaybar links back on...

Beej said:
...foolish...

You sir, are an interweb basher!!

:laugh3:

Back