• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New hubs for dana 30

92xj242

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a full width ford 8.8 axle in the rear end of my 92 cherokee. This axle has a 5 on 5.5 lug pattern. I was ondering if for now until I get a dana 44 up front if anybody knows where I can go to get new hub assemblies with a 5 on 5.5 lug pattern So I can have matching wheels all the way around? Or if anyone has any cool ideas. i would appreciate it

Thanks,
tyler

92xj242 said:
I just put a full width ford 8.8 axle in the rear end of my 92 cherokee. This axle has a 5 on 5.5 lug pattern. I was ondering if for now until I get a dana 44 up front if anybody knows where I can go to get new hub assemblies with a 5 on 5.5 lug pattern So I can have matching wheels all the way around? Or if anyone has any cool ideas. i would appreciate it

Thanks,
tyler

tyler no one makes 27 spline 5 on 5.5 hubs the chevy units have larder axle.

What I would do is find some 1" spacer wheel adapters then your front would be closer to correct width and bolt pattern would match

Thanks for the information. Also do you know who might make something like that? But thanks for the information I will keep looking for wheel adapters.

You could modify a FSJ front axle to work with Ford D44 front brakes. ('84 Bronco full size) Too bad CO is so far away. I have a complete TTB high pinion one with 3.55 for $100 with Warn hubs.

carnuck said:
You could modify a FSJ front axle to work with Ford D44 front brakes. ('84 Bronco full size) Too bad CO is so far away. I have a complete TTB high pinion one with 3.55 for $100 with Warn hubs.

He is looking for a way to run his existing hp30 with the full width rear for awhile till he gets his full width front. Did youread it or just post?

Doh! I saw something about hub assemblies and D30. CJ front parts would fit (knuckle, spindle, axle stub and brakes), but steering would be a b!tch!

Back