• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which is the A/Cow pressure port

kubtastic

NAXJA Forum User
So, where's the low pressure service port for the A/C? (2000 cherokee)

These don't work/help me:
"near the PDC"
"on the liquid line at the rear of the engine compartment near the evaporator inlet tube"
"the colder line"
"the one that fits"

really, where is it?

I have found one between the compressor and the accumulator, on a big silver line that has a rubber elbow.
I have found one (too large) at the top of the compressor
I found the evap service port.
Where does the refrigerant go?

Check out your compressor - the two ports should me marked "S" (Suction) and "D" (Discharge.) The "Suction" port is the low-pressure side, and the "Discharge" port is the high-pressure side.

The accumulator is usually on the low-pressure side - that's the roundish tank that usually has the LPCO (Low Pressure Cut-Off) switch on it.

5-90

should be about 4 inches inboard and up on inch from the PCM on the passenger side [the box with the fuses and relays in it] thats the one you use to charge.

RichP said:
should be about 4 inches inboard and up on inch from the PCM on the passenger side [the box with the fuses and relays in it] thats the one you use to charge.
NOT the green one on the firewall, least thats where my 98's is.

So it's at the T, with the black screw-on cap that is between the accumulator and the compressor. Ok. Gave it a try... practically emptied an entire 19 oz can to fill it up.
Blows cold like from the dealership again....

Back