• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trail closure in NW MA..

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i want to pass along my recent findings from this week. alot of you don't know where it is but those who do, know exactly what place i'm talking about. the place is called "soap-stone" by locals and has been known in our circles as "top 'o the world" due to it's incredibly view of the mountains around it and the deep valleys below..

this was introduced to our "community" by a local out there and it's one of those places that a local will tell you "we go there all the time and no one cares"
well that has changed.

the land is owned by the "power company" that owns a near-by reservoir as well and no longer choses to ignore "all the jeeps and trucks going up there every weekend" as quoted by a local PD rep.... however DAYTIME atv and motorcycle use is permitted on the land for now.

i am not done researching this yet but as it stands now the local PD are patroling the area and i have assured them that the word will be passed along thru our networks that we are not to go there anymore. but we have no control over the "locals".

this DOES NOT afect our use of the other ROADS in the area that we use. but it seems alot of large groups are there regularly and attracting attention.

time to scout some new stuff to the north boys..

Back