• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy cps?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard all the horror stories about cheap sensors,that being said I don't want to make the dealer rich either.Where do I get an affordable,quality sensor?Is it dealer only?

I paid 104 at the dealer a few weeks ago... I also understand ther is a high altitude CPS dependent on where you live (above 4500 ft)

Nevada City Sparky said:
Only place I could find one was at Autozone (Wells). All the other places listed it as "Not Required". Only other option was the dealer. I'm putting it in this weekend. Hopefully, I got a good one.
I don't want to take my chances on a wells....

Does anyone know about the Turbo City ones? They're in the Quadratec catalog for $45 and they're supposed to be adjustable.

jeepdeepfreak said:
Is any one running the turbo city adjustable?

I am also realy intrested in one of those does anyone know much on these?

Thanks guys.

Kinda Highjacking here, but does anyone know of a good source for Crank Position Sensor online? Local parts stores either can't get, or have to order. Even the "5-star" dealer has to order the part. If its going to have to be ordered, I'd just as well do it myself.

Edit: Sorry....1997 Country 4.0 auto

Last edited:
MAP said:
Mine failed at about 100,000 miles. I put in a Wells part from Autozone. I'm at 119,000mi and no problems.

MAP
Lets face it Chyrsler sure as hell don't make them, Wells just box's them and factory ones failed too.

I'm having problems here (of course this is Alabama). Only two of the local parts stores out of about 8 can even get the part. The two that can have to order it (not from their warehouse). The above post mentions a Wells part from Autozone. The Autozone here says they can't get it. Crap, even the dealership has to order it. I've tried the partstore websites (Advance, Autozone, NAPA, etc.) no luck......is there anywhere that I can just order the freakin part. If this is such a common maintenance issue, why can't I find the dang part?

Oh yeah, just so I don't make the same mistake again:
97 4.0 auto

Morris 4x4 Center (www.morris4x4center.com) - usually does well on parts and prices. Here's the link to the CPS page - http://www.morris4x4center.com/cherokee/Crankshaft Position Sensors Cherokee.htm - but they're been doing a boatload of updates, and may have the part listed now and it just hasn't gotten posted yet. IIRC, they're in FL, so it should be easy for you in AL to get your parts.

Here's another possible - http://webepc.com/cgi-bin/sewse?/u/www/webepc.com/cmm/scripts/epc12.cmm+discap2

Looks like that OBD-II variation is a spendy little beggar - but it probably can't be swapped for anything else, either (OBD is picky.)

How'd I find these? Google is your friend...

Longevity of that sensor is - and likely will remain - an issue. This is due to both the mouting location of the sensor and the job it has - making it something to keep up on. I tend to keep a few spares about anyhow - but the RENIX ones are pretty cheap...

5-90

You don't know how to search then.
Autozone.
WELLS SENSOR - CRANKSHAFT POSITION for a 1994 JEEP CHEROKEE 4WD

Unit Price: $54.99Core Value*: $0.00Part No.: SU368
Advanceauto PN# CSS42
PC42.jpg
Weight: 0.00 lbs.Warranty: 3 MOAvailability:
icon_web_in.gif
Online: Ships within 2 business days
icon_store_in.gif
Store: Normally Stocked Note:

Last edited:
I need part numbers for CPS for 1997, 4.0, auto. The above part numbers are for 94. The searches mentioned above work great for less than 1997. Morris4x4 won't answer their email. Sooo, does anyone simply have a part number for the part I need?

Back