• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cradle attachment for floorjack?

otto

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the middle of R&R'ing the AX-15 tranny (early) in my 1990 XJ to replace a failed clutch slave cylinder (wish I had the later AX-15). Got held up by the two reverse head torx bolts at the top of the bell housing, but I've got that figured out now and I'm ready to drop the tranny.

Doing this in a driveway with jacks and stands on wood blocks, and I don't have a tranny jack. I heard about a cradle attachement that can be fitted to a floor jack that's perfect for this job. Anyone know where to find such a tool? Thanks.

BTW: Any other tips you can offer for this job are greatly appreciated.

otto said:
I'm in the middle of R&R'ing the AX-15 tranny (early) in my 1990 XJ to replace a failed clutch slave cylinder (wish I had the later AX-15). Got held up by the two reverse head torx bolts at the top of the bell housing, but I've got that figured out now and I'm ready to drop the tranny.

Doing this in a driveway with jacks and stands on wood blocks, and I don't have a tranny jack. I heard about a cradle attachement that can be fitted to a floor jack that's perfect for this job. Anyone know where to find such a tool? Thanks.

checkout harborfreight.com

otto said:

Forget the floor jack adapter and find a ATV lift.

Back