• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is there a differnence in radiators?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 Comanche, and the previous owner tried to swap in a auto. I put the manual back in and In the front of the truck below the radiator is the tranny cooler, it has two lines going up to the radiator. What can I do about these? I want to pull the cooler since I have no use for it.

Pull the lines. Have a bowl or something to catch any fluid that drips out.

If it's a separate cooler, clean it out and you can use it for power steering fluid or engine oil - the units are similar.

Or, if it's a separate cooler and you don't want to use it for anything, flush it out and give it to someone for the shipping (I could use one - hint, hint.)

If it's the integral cooler, pull the lines, flush it out, and forget about it. You won't lose any coolant - if you do, you have bigger problems to deal with.

I tend to use radiators for automatics whenever I do a swap, since they're designed to throw off more heat (needs the extra capacity for the tranmission fluid circuit.) Keep it - it will work better.

Now, if I can only find a decent, cheap little MJ... I need a small pickup!

5-90

Back