• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear dome light switch

mhead

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the result of a bit of research on the rear dome light switch. I have a '92 XJ I-6 Auto tranny 4 door. My rear dome light switch failed. I found a marking on the switch and have tracked down the manufacturer. Here's what they replied to my letter requesting the switch (see below). I ended up simply replacing the switch with a tiny one already that I already had. It is a toggle kind and not the cool push button, but it was cheap. I don't know if $24 is more than the dealer would charge, but I'm impressed that a manufacturer would be so willing to research, fab, and ship a single switch for only $24! I have lots of suppliers that won't even talk to me unless I order 100.

RESPONSE

Thank you for your inquiry. We can replace your old switch for a shipping and handling fee of $24.00 (this cost covers the research to locate the proper internal components as well as the molding machine time and assembly to manufacture one switch). Please remove the switch from the unit and send along with payment to:

Judco Manufacturing, Inc.
1429 W. 240th Street
Harbor City, CA 90710
Atten: Gloria Calfy

We will determine the proper replacement and send it back to you. If you have any further questions, please give me a call.

Sincerely,

Kurt George
Sales & Marketing Manager
PH (310) 534-0959 FAX (310) 534-9420
www.judco.net

The first time mine went bad I got one from the salvage yard for around $15. They only sell the whole light assembly not just the switch. The second time it broke, I went to the dealer, and they quoted me $60 for the whole light assembly, and I would have to paint it gray since it only came in beige. I went the same route you did, put a little toggle from Auto Zone in and it works fine, plus I know it will be easy to replace. Still, that is nice that they at least responded to your inquiry, most places probably wouldn't.

Back