• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex's Grand UP 6" KIT

To much money and still now upper control arms.

I didn't even think Tera was still making that.

oh, hmmm.... ok:) never thought about that. What about the coil conversion for the rear?

Looks like a nice setup, but with teraflex, I've heard their rubber bushings start to squeak, and that you had to constantly grease them up. Otherwise, the kit looks good.

Same "ole" story,leaf guys want coils,coil guys want leaves???
For that price Id run like the wind.

xjj33p3r said:
Looks like a nice setup, but with teraflex, I've heard their rubber bushings start to squeak, and that you had to constantly grease them up. Otherwise, the kit looks good.

They are now using Daystar bushings, no more squeak and rattle. The old ones suck bad, they wear out quick even with constant greasing. The arms look like the old style too. Run Fast. The new arms, expecially the lowers are far better than they used to be. I am running the Tera Long Arm kit @ 6" and I love it. I hear the rear conversion works great. I ran into the Engineers on Poison Spider Mesa in Moab when they were testing the prototype. It looked like a great idea. I hear that it works great. Tera is definately a pricey kit though. I would give Mepco a call and check their price before buying an older kit from Ebay. (Mepco is physically attached to Teraflex and is their primary distributer.)

http://www.mepco4x4.com/

These are the new long arms.

TeraLAKit.jpg

yeahh, but their (mepco's prices) prices SUCK, they list the kit i bought for 499 for 836, WTF(in capital letters) are they thinking? What im looking for is a Long arm "upgrade" kit, and their upper CAs, and their trackbar:) Know of any Teraflex distributors?

The Long Arm Upgrade kit is what I bought from them (MEPCO) last year for $450. I bought the upper flex arms later for about 250 I think. Waste of money though, they wore out in 4-6 months (upper arms). Apparantly you can't use them on a 6" kit. They didn't tell me this and so they built me some new upper arms with their 'builder's arms' parts for free. These are supposed to be prototypes for a new 6" XJ kit. They use their new flex joints instead of twisting on a threaded rod.

Apparently I'm running the kit that you're looking for, here's a pic.

JeepTeraLA.jpg

Moab1.jpg

You can try Mt. Logan Offroad (435-752-4272) in Logan, UT. I know they can buy from them, but I don't know what kind of deal they get. They may even talk you into using something different. They do custom stuff and rock buggies.

Last edited:
In the picture on the ebay ad the Tera kit does have the upper flexarms. You might want to clarify it with the seller, because I am sure he made a data entry ommission.

I had Tera upper and lower short flexarms for three years before I had to replace the bushings. Never had troubles with squeaks or rattles and I am constantly in and out of water when I go offroad. I did buy Tera's Long Arm kit last year to upgrade the lowers.

i will call them, how do you like your other(replacement) parts from Teraflex?

what shocks are you running with your longarm teraflex kit?
im running superlift in the front, and it feels like a leaf sprung YJ on 10" leafsprings when im on the hiway:) how is the ride quality?

Purple said:
i will call them, how do you like your other(replacement) parts from Teraflex?

Everything works great. Just get the Daystar bushings. Tracbar and SB discos work great too. I am also running Curring Steering arms. (HUGE)

basically, what im looking to do.... ...
add 1 1/2 spacers up front and up my rear to 5.5" or change it to coils, but i tossed my swaybar..

i know that with short arms in front i will bounce off the roof of my XJ, also superlifts shocks could get replaced by something better... OME? how is Teraflex 's ride quality (coils-front) compared to others?
I know that finally time has come(if i add these components) to do my trackbar, and... possibly pitman arm drop? am i looking at something else? oh, brake lines... but is that all?

Purple said:
basically, what im looking to do.... ...
add 1 1/2 spacers up front and up my rear to 5.5" or change it to coils, but i tossed my swaybar..

i know that with short arms in front i will bounce off the roof of my XJ, also superlifts shocks could get replaced by something better... OME? how is Teraflex 's ride quality (coils-front) compared to others?
I know that finally time has come(if i add these components) to do my trackbar, and... possibly pitman arm drop? am i looking at something else? oh, brake lines... but is that all?

I'm actually running Rough country 4.5" coils and rear springs. I added 1.5" blocks in the front and 1.5" blocks in the rear. I replace the main leafs with the stock XJ leafs and added the tera 1.5" shackles. I'm at 6" in the front and 6.5" in the rear. I could probably drop the pitman arm but I haven't needed to yet. I had to swap out the front brake lines with skyjacker ss ones, and extend the bracket on the rear (i'll probably change this out later).

As for flex, my front coils will unseat at full flex and my 33's rubbed on the top of the fenders before I trimmed them. I'm also running Tough Country shocks. They are much better than the Skyjackers I was running.

Don't forget the SYE kit and driveshaft.

i already have AA sye and TW cv ds

how to determine how much lift i have?

I have Advance adapters Sye kit, and Tom Woods Drive shaft:)

Purple said:
I have Advance adapters Sye kit, and Tom Woods Drive shaft:)

Sorry, I meant that I could have read your specs but I didn't.

I've got the TW polished shaft with the long travel slip joint. I went with the TW SYE instead of the AA unit. This setup seems to work pretty good.

is this what you were talking about?

M296%20fr%20upper.jpg

Back