• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen XJ in NC

ClassicXJ

NAXJA Member #1276
Well I just got back from 7 days of leave to come home to a trashed house, alot of stolen stuff and my XJ was taken from my garage. The theives found my extra set of keys in my room and took it from my garage along with 2 TV's, alot of tools, my washer and dryer, 100+ DVD's and alot of small stuff. . It was stolen from Fayetteville, NC about 1.5 hours south of Raleigh.

It is a green 98 Cherokee Classic, ARB front bumper, detours rear bumper/tire carrier, 5 inches of lift, 32" MTR on black steel rims, Supernerfs, ARB's F/R plus a full set of trail spares, tools and a blue 10LB powetank in the rear. Please pass the word around and keep on eye out for it. It was probably taken sometime late last week so I am sure I will never see it again but I want to at least try.

I am really pissed about this and don't know what to do. The police can't find any prints and probably could care less. For those who don't know me I have served the last 6 years in the Air Force and have about 2 weeks left living in NC till seperate from active duty and I move back to MA. I am really clueless about what to do now.. I am shocked. Please pass the word around

Great news.. they found my XJ and I got it back already. It was abandoned about 20 miles from my house. They took the stero out of course, my CB, my axles spares, a whole lotta tools, my powertank and all my recovery gear but at least I got the Jeep back. Also the ARB's won't work but I think it is just a wiring issue. But the main point is I got it back...

I still lost a whole lot of stuff my inside my house and garage but at least I got the XJ back!!!

and a diferent note... there is no way that these theives didn't know I was military. There is military stuff all over my house including my uniform hanging right next to the front door they kicked in. I live in a big military town and this kind of thing happens all the time. Everytime we deploy at least 2-3 people that deploy with us get therir shit stolen/broken into. The scumbags hunt out deployed people's house and rob them blind. It's really sad and makes you think. Thanks for everyone that had something nice to say.

Rant<on>
See, that's one of the reasons why I hate most ppl. Why do people have to suck? Glad to hear you got your XJ back, but I'm still p*ssed that some lowlife piece of stinkin ass farkwad would do something like that. Where's my gun? Stupid people!!! :mad:
Rant<off>

ClassicXJ said:
and a diferent note... there is no way that these theives didn't know I was military. There is military stuff all over my house including my uniform hanging right next to the front door they kicked in. I live in a big military town and this kind of thing happens all the time. Everytime we deploy at least 2-3 people that deploy with us get therir shit stolen/broken into. The scumbags hunt out deployed people's house and rob them blind. It's really sad and makes you think. Thanks for everyone that had something nice to say.

It sucks that we go risk our lives to protect these scumbags that take advantage of us. I say revoke their citizenship and let the ungrateful jerkoffs go live some where they get their hands cut off for stealing.

Back