• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trackbar building question.

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
does a panhard bar need to be long or can it be shortened? I am gonna be running a heim on the frame end that is turned vertical like the re hd mount does. and a heim on the axle end also with DOM tubing straight and not bent at all. can I go from the mount on the drivers side down to where the pass. side upper control mount is? or is that too short.

It all depends on your steering... you want the panhard bar and the drag link to travel through parallel paths to minimize bumpsteer.

You want the Panhard and the drag link to be about the same length, so they travel through approximately the same arc.

Edit: I should have explained that better. The shorter your Panhard, the more your axle wil shift sideways while drooping. If your draglink was also short, it would move with the axle, and sort of help with bumpsteer. However, if the drag link is long and the Panhard is short, the axle will shift more than the draglink, and cause it to handle kind of funny. Always better to have equal length and parallel drag link and Panhard, and make them as long as possible.

Last edited:
Back