• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom "s" pipe

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at my S-Pipe, it looks pretty restrictive. Id like a new less restrictive version.

Ive searched and read that a muffler shop can build one for around $50. I was thinking of making my own out of the prebent stuff that autozone and all them have. Then welding it all up.

Is it worth it to do this? Or just go ahead and have the muffler shop do it?

See if you can find one from a TJ with the 4.0. The pipe actually snakes around the front of the oil pan. I'm pretty sure it would be a bolt on, and maybe be a little cheaper/easier than going through the hassle of making one yourself. Crawl under the next TJ you see and check it out. HTH

MIke

summitlt said:
Looking at my S-Pipe, it looks pretty restrictive. Id like a new less restrictive version.

Ive searched and read that a muffler shop can build one for around $50. I was thinking of making my own out of the prebent stuff that autozone and all them have. Then welding it all up.

Is it worth it to do this? Or just go ahead and have the muffler shop do it?
Would you not have almost $50 in the parts?
Then where the welds are it's going to rust fast.

you'll run in to trouble with any higher diameter / better flowing S pipe & clearing the front DS U-joint under even mild suspension "stuff".
Ask me how I know.

But if your lift is high enough it shouldn't be a factor should it?

Or the fact that the late models already have 2.5" tubing!

well idk when it happens but my driverside uca has smashed mine up pretty good. i was figuring full stuff maybe i'll take a look see next time i wheel

Back