• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm Length

sictruck

NAXJA Forum User
I put on a rustys 8.5" long arm lift kit w/ there OTK steering and accos coil spacer, and I have noticed that my front axle seem to be pushed out to far foward. What should the length be on the lower arm of a long arm kit. I made mine as short as it will go and it seems to long.

sictruck said:
I put on a rustys 8.5" long arm lift kit w/ there OTK steering and accos coil spacer, and I have noticed that my front axle seem to be pushed out to far foward. What should the length be on the lower arm of a long arm kit. I made mine as short as it will go and it seems to long.
What is your wheel base?I am running rustys L.A's and 8.5" coils too, so I might be able to help. I actually have mine adjusted out a little to have 101" wheel base. So measure your wheel base and arm lenght and we can compare #'s if you like. Xjoe

sictruck said:
I set mine by how the springs sit over the tower,caster also has a big affect on how the springs sit.

i think my arms are to long. today i compared my cross member w/ a ba10 tranny to another xj w/ awd tranny and found out mine is 4 inches closer to the front. so im thinking I might need to cut and reweld my rusty arms.

Back