• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help for aftermarket leafsprings

themud

NAXJA Forum User
I have a guy I work with at the PostOffice hes got a xj with 3" lift(superlift) and 33s but his freind(not me before I got there) convinced him to install blocks in addition to the full leaf packs and now after 3 months their toast...He delivers mail with this vehicle and Ive come to find out his wife does a paper route with the heep as well, Im pretty sure the sunday papers is whats killed the leaves in addition to the blocks....

First things first gonna get gears for him 4.56 instead of 3.55s that should help bunches especially with all the stop and go...Next will be to address the rear suspension I need leaves that can take a bunch of weight and not croak will the superlifts be salvagable or are they the wrong tool for the job(there already s shaped)...I know the blocks need to go thats first the springs are next..After looking around here there are some springs others have said dont flex at all or need a ton of weight to flex(but they still retain their arch) these sound like the springs he needs...
Who makes em are they alcans, BOR, or deavers???
let me know and if anyones got some for sale in the 3" to 4.5" variety let me know...

Ideas also welcome!!!

How much of a block was he running?

The packs are trashed.

Old man emu makes a pack with an overload leaf in it that can take alot of weight. It's expensive stuff, but top notch. Combine it with a shackle and you can get into the 4.5" range.

Otherwise Rubicon express would be your best bet. They can take alot of weight and are known for being solid performers. Rusty's might also be an option if you don't want to spend the cash on rubicon express or old man emu.

and you missed the mark gtpolkus. BOR leaves will be your best bet as there designed to carry an extra 250-300 pounds(i forget which) and still give their lift height. contact john john

Ramsey said:
and you missed the mark gtpolkus. BOR leaves will be your best bet as there designed to carry an extra 250-300 pounds(i forget which) and still give their lift height. contact john john

So do you think they'll still get the job done(BOR leaves) or are we gonna have to get a practical limit on how much weight he puts in there....
Paging JOHNJOHN paging MR JOHNJOHN oh wait what was I supposed to ask him ramsey???
themud
Does he have some packs for me!!!!

he sells em. for carrying heavy loads and wanting them to last they would probably be your best bet. from what i've heard they perform pretty good too

that is who we are referring to by BOR

Big Offroad or BOR is owned and operated by John John here on the board. BOR leaf packs are specially designed Alcan Leaf Springs. Made to XJ specs plus 350 pounds. Unloaded they will sit about 1.5" taller than advertised. You will need a dogleg shackle such as a JKS 1.25" shackle to run these springs. So add that all up with the 4" pack and you get 6.75". After they are all settled in from the papers, look for about 5" or so. The OME pack with the overload pack is also not a bad option. Will definitely ride smoother than the BOR pack. Both packs are pretty pricey, so it's kinda of up to him. If he doesn't want to be up around 5 or higher go with the OME setup.................:dunno:

I think the BOR leaves are what hes looking for as far as capacity but the lift would be too much.... Hes only got about 3-3.5" on the front and the 6+ in the rear is just too damn high...The real problem is getting the whole jeep up to 5"s of lift my is and it costs way more than just doing a 3-3.5" lift...

Its not just the money but the lack of aftermarket parts available for his xj see its RHD and there is no support for that out there....No trackbars no steering braces control arms and bracket wont matter but other things are causing issues plus to get to 5" the right way itll cost him like 800.00 plus fab work to get it done (to much green)...
Ill check out the OME stuff then talk to JOHNJOHN and see what he says...

No matter which springs we chose the blocks are target practice :skull1: ...

Last edited:
Back