• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holly heater core

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and came up with what I already knew was true about replacing the heater core. :hang: IT SUCKS!

Anyway, It is an 89 4.0 and when i got the jeep the core had gone out and it came with a new core that need to be installed. I have been dreading the work for some time now. I had consided taking it to my mechanic to have him do the work but would later be upset with myself for paying all that labor when I could do it myself.

Today I went for it. :looney: I got it out with little probs, just a lot of work. I am ready to put the new one in except it is different in style. I put it in and it mount and fits in the box fine. The tube sizes are the same as the old one and everything. Except the old one looks like a small radiator with framing around the whole thing. The new one has unprotected fins which are much larger.They would be protected by the heater/ac box.

Is this a newer design? Should I go with it? :dunno:

Back