• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Adj. Trackbar

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I got a good buy on a RE adj. trackbar. I have the stock TB off and rady to install the "new" one. On the RE instructions on the net it says to reuse the stock hardware on the axle end. The last thing I need is a case of DW, The stock bolt on the axle end is much smaller than the diameter of the RE trackbar. It fits tight on the stock TB. Maybe I'm missing something here, I don't know. Just dosen't seem like it should be loose like that. I took pics to help explain. Notice the gap between the bolt and the sleeve on the RE TB.
100_0818.jpg

Stock TB is a good snug fit.
100_0819.jpg

Any help is welcome. TIA
Haleyes

I remember having the same dilema a few years back with my RE TB...

IIRC, I went with the tighter fit on the RE TB...

That is one spot where I would want a quality bolt with a nice tight fit...

Consider that the trackbar restricts the lateral movement of the axle...

make sure you don't have any slop my friend

i FEEL AS YOU DO,
i WOULD HEAD DOWN TO THE HARDWARE STORE AND GET A BETTER FITTING GRADE 5 OR 8 BOLT AND NUT!!
i DID THIS SAME THING A WHILE BACK,. i ALSO CUT THE THINGIE OFF THE FACTORY NUT AND REWELDED IT TO THE NEW NUT FOR EASE OF INSTILATION. nO WELDER....DONT WORRY, HEAD OVER TO THE LOCAL GARAGE/MUFFLER SHOP ROUND CLOSING TIME...BRING A SIX PACK OF BEER AND ASK THE mgr IF ONE OF THE GUYS WOULD WELD THIS FOR THE BEER. kEY IS CLOSING TIME...I HAVE DONR IT MANY TIMES BEFORE i GOT MY OWN WELDER!!!

cw

OOPS, Sorry for yelling....damn caps lock!!!! ;(

cwlongshot said:
I feel as you do,
I would head down to the hardware store and get a better fitting grade 5 or 8 bolt and nut!!
I did this same thing a while back. I also cut the thingie off the factory nut and rewelded it to the new nut for ease of installation. No welder....don't worry, Head over to the local garage/muffler shop 'round closing time...bring a six pack of beer and ask the MGR if one if the guys would weld this for the beer. Key is closing time...I had done it many time before I got my own welder!!!

How do you not notice typing a whole reply in caps??? Yeah, I'm anal about that................:laugh3:

Anyways, basically what he said. Take the trac bar with you into Home Depot or Lowes. Find a bolt that fits nice and tight, take the stock bolt in with you as well to make sure you get the length right.........:lecture:

Last edited:
or you could always just cut off the stock track bar end and the RE end and weld the stock back in place of the RE one. LOL:D :D :D

steagall9301 said:
or you could always just cut off the stock track bar end and the RE end and weld the stock back in place of the RE one. LOL:D :D :D

Thanks for the help.

I went through 3 blades to get through that thing. (RE one) I'm not sure what it is made out of, but it was damn hard stuff! Off to the welding shop....

Haleyes said:
Thanks for the help.

I went through 3 blades to get through that thing. (RE one) I'm not sure what it is made out of, but it was damn hard stuff! Off to the welding shop....

:gag: :gag: :gag:

Haleyes said:
Thanks for the help.

god i hope you didnt........ i could have sworn the three:D :D :D would have denoted sarcasm:exclamati :exclamati :exclamati
if you did , i hope this worked for you:wow: :doh: :scared:

i hate it when that happens!!

steagall9301 said:
god i hope you didnt........ i could have sworn the three:D :D :D would have denoted sarcasm:exclamati :exclamati :exclamati
if you did , i hope this worked for you:wow: :doh: :scared:

i hate it when that happens!!

I got it on, and didn't even pick up a hack saw. All is good and tight.(as far as the trackbar) No vibes. I seriously thought about posting a photoshop-ed pic of it hacked.:D

Hey Okie! Fishing is good over here too.....:laugh3:

Haleyes said:
I got it on, and didn't even pick up a hack saw. All is good and tight.(as far as the trackbar) No vibes. I seriously thought about posting a photoshop-ed pic of it hacked.:D

Hey Okie! Fishing is good over here too.....:laugh3:
ok, ok you got me but i have seen some really stupid people do some things that were jokes here

Back