• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep/Chrysler Diagnostic port 1993 XJ

newjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have any idea as to what Adapter I need to communicate with the diagnostic port on the drivers side of the consol in a 1993 XJ?? I am using an OTC scan tool, I have the adapter that fits the port in the rear of the PCM on the drivers fender but it will not work on the port inside the cab . any ideas??

The two above mentioned ports are different, could the port inside the cab be called a Chrysler II port??

The port on the 1993 model near the Master Cylinder is for what Chryco calls a "DRB scanner". That's probably some semi-proprietary connector, but I would bet most of the major auto tool manufacturers make some sort of device to connect to it.

I am using an OTC model 2000 scanner it is supposed to work on the 1993 Jeep Diagnostic Sysytem. I just purchased a Chrysler adapter for it, it fits the Diagnostic port on the Inner Drivers Fender behind the PCM. As I am away from my Scanner right now I cannot tell if it is going to display the data for sure. Anybody know if the port on the interior drivers side consol delivers the same data as the port mentioned above?? OTC makes the DRB factory scanner for Chrysler. OTC makes 3 different Chrysler specific adapters for their scanners, they are Chrysler, Chrysler II and Chrysler III, I have the Chrysler adapter and it fits the Port on the PCM and the Chrysler III is for OBD II (96 and up) Jeeps so I am guessing that the OTC Chrysler II adapter is the one I need for hooking into the interior data port. C'mon up the data guys.

When you get it figured out PM me and let me know how you like the scanner.

I have been looking into getting one since I have a 94 ZJ and 95XJ but hadn't decided on what to buy.

PS.

What part of AR do you live in? I am 45mi. from the AR state line...

Back