• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep Is Back!!!! Yeeeehaaaaw!!!

csr_011

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, found a broken Knock Sensor, half in the block, other half danglin from harness per earlier post. I believe that this may have been broke and slowly fell apart sometime in the last three weeks since i changed the O2 sensor. So, I took the piece out of the harness connector, taped the connector back onto the harness to keep out of the way and keep from bouncing. Put about 70 miles on the "87 XJ 4.0 from hell" and:

NOT ONCE DID IT CUT OUT IN 60 MILES OF ACCELLERATION AND DECELLERATION FROM 35 TO 85 MPH, NOR DID IT JIGGLE THE DRIVE TRAIN, DIE ON ANY and I repeat ANY BUMP, TURN, OR RAILROAD TRACK!!

FELLAS, MY BABY IS BACK!!

(But, still keeping my fingers crossed that this is it, but wont know for sure until i put the new knock sensor on tomorrow morning when it comes in...he he)

Thanks for all the moral support and help in the past, dont think I would have kept at it this long without this awesome board. I was actually going to buy another vehicle next thursday and sell the jeep to the first person with cash. Something told me to get at it today and play with EVERY wire I could find on the underside!! There are still a couple wires and harnesses that I am going to get some zipties on yet this weekend.

Cory

Back