• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dealer Wouldnt Do Alignment!!

BoC

NAXJA Member #1266
I took my 99 XJ into the dealer for an alignment this morning. i recieved a call saying they did what they could lol. I put on the TB relocation bracket, now my steering wheel is straight up and down, instead of left to right. The jeep will not turn all the way right, but will turn way far left. It will drive straight down the road. Any advice about fixing it my self, as the jeep seems lined up except for the steering wheel, and turning radius. Thanks guys.

NEVER TAKE SH/T TO THE DEALER. you gotta a local jeep club? talk to them and find jeep friendly shops that have people that know what the hell they are doing. as for fixing it yourself search for something like "driveway alignment, home alignment, alignment" etc.

COOL that sounds easy enough, I will never go to the dealer for that again thanks. you just saved me 60 dollars. Ill buy ya a drink if i ever get an XJ to go where yall go.

BoC said:
I put on the TB relocation bracket, now my steering wheel is straight up and down, instead of left to right. The jeep will not turn all the way right, but will turn way far left.
Well that means either/or/both were done wrong and that the axle and the steering wheel/axle are not "correctly" centered!

RCP Phx said:
Well that means either/or/both were done wrong and that the axle and the steering wheel/axle are not "correctly" centered!
Unless the steering wheel had been re-centered while the axle was off-center, and now that the bracket has centered the axle the steering wheel has "compensated."

I replaced a stock '88 track bar with a stock track bar off a '93 and it kicked the steering wheel about 15 degrees off. I've held the two track bars side-by-side on a counter and I can't even see where they are different, but they have different stock numbers, different prices, and they do affect the steering centering.

Back