• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel inj quick couplers

I've only ever found them at the dealer, but there are rumblings that they may be in the aftermarket somewhere.

I plan on just getting rid of the damn things one of these days in favour of -AN or JIC fittings - no orings, don't leak, more secure, and easier to work with...

5-90

I'm familiar with JIC fittings. The fuel injection system on my '90 XJ is pressurized, so I'll probably stick with the stock connector. First time any have sprung a leak on me.

Manufacturer, part number, and price, please! I'd like to be able to buy these damn things in bulk for the time being...

Meanwhile, I know that JIC and AN will both hold several thousand PSI - the smaller ones (say, -8 and down) are usually good for anywhere from 500-5000psi. I don't think it will be a problem with the piddly little 40psi we run in fuel - and you still won't have to worry about orings...

5-90

5-90 said:
Manufacturer, part number, and price, please! I'd like to be able to buy these damn things in bulk for the time being...

Meanwhile, I know that JIC and AN will both hold several thousand PSI - the smaller ones (say, -8 and down) are usually good for anywhere from 500-5000psi. I don't think it will be a problem with the piddly little 40psi we run in fuel - and you still won't have to worry about orings...

5-90
On my xj the male end is not removable I just used Fuel injection hose and a clamp.

5-90 said:
I know about that (I've got four - 87, 88, and two 89's) and I'm working on designing an entire new part - so the fuel injectors can be better retained, and the whole thing can look cleaner. Gimme time...

5-90
Find yourself a Areoquip dealer the have all kind of special stuff.

Oh, I know - it's just the part itself that I'm working on now...

I've got access to Aeroquip, Earl's, Russell, and Parker-Hannifin - getting the fittings and such isn't a problem at all (although I usually use JIC stuff from Parker - I don't much care for all this aluminum alloy, and weight isn't a big issue for us...)

5-90

Back