• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

27 or 29 spline Dana 30???

dphillips

See,what had happened was
I have a 2000 xj with a Dana 30 front. I've been looking at lockers for the front axle and noticing that some of the manufacturers list two different lockers for the Dana 30. One for 27 spline, and one for the 29 spline. Does anyone know what the spline count is for a stock 2000 axle? How can I find out the spline cout of my diff? Do I need to just pop the cover and count them?

It's a 29 if it hasn't been changed, I'd just order a 29 if it for some reason is a 27 I would change the rear for the added strength, in fact that's what I done.

3 posts and not one correct answer!

All Dana 30's are 27 spline.

Your rear axle (the Chrysler 8.25") came in a 27 and 29 spline version.

CRASH

P.S.

****Dana 30 is 27 splines, the 29 spline is for the super 30 kit...If I recall correctly..*****

Super 30's are 30 spline.

**** It's a 29 if it hasn't been changed, I'd just order a 29 if it for some reason is a 27 I would change the rear for the added strength, in fact that's what I done. *****

You are either misinformed, or fibbing. Please re-read this post and retract your statement.

hackedxj said:
It's a 29 if it hasn't been changed, I'd just order a 29 if it for some reason is a 27 I would change the rear for the added strength, in fact that's what I done.

There never has and never will be a 29 spline dana 30

ARB applicationn book all dana 30's have been 27 spline

like CRASH said the 30 spline is for the super 30 kit

OH MY GOD, I'm rolling....
absolutly priceless.

D1llinger made a 35 spline D30 shortly after he invented the full-width axle swap concept. :jester:

Back