• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another m/c question

jephs422

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I searched and got almost all the info I needed.

I am swapping out both of my axles next weekend in my 88 xj. the front is a Currie D44 with the CJ Rotors and D30 calipers, and the rear is a 9" with Explorer brakes. I will be running 35's and 4:56 Gears. From what I gather on the searches, I "should" swap M/C, but I don't need to, but I will need a prop valve from a ZJ. What year ZJ?

Oh, and please feel free to chime in, If I need to do anything else.

jephs422 said:
Okay, I searched and got almost all the info I needed.

I am swapping out both of my axles next weekend in my 88 xj. the front is a Currie D44 with the CJ Rotors and D30 calipers, and the rear is a 9" with Explorer brakes. I will be running 35's and 4:56 Gears. From what I gather on the searches, I "should" swap M/C, but I don't need to, but I will need a prop valve from a ZJ. What year ZJ?

Oh, and please feel free to chime in, If I need to do anything else.

with that custom of an aplication, your best bet would be to put the axles in, and attach/hook up the brakes, bleed them and go from there...

if the MC cant move the fluid that the brakes require for the d30 CJ calipers and F8.8 calpiers, i would be suprised.

bleed the brakes again if it takes a bit to firm the pedal...

then drive it and see what you think about the prop valve - may be needed - may not be...

kind of a drive it around the block slowly and figure it out thing...

certanly dont drive far or fast till you are sure teh brakes will work well...

Give it a shot and see how it goes. It will definitly work and you might like it. I have found that I need to get a proportioning valve to get my rear brakes to grab a little better.

Back