• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARb switch mounting

MikeyB

NAXJA Forum User
I was searching for awhile but could not find what I was looking for (lots of old dead img links). I'm going to mount 2 arb switches but I don't know where. This would be for a 97+ Cherokee. I do not feel like making any fancy mount or tryin to find that 4 switch ero bezel. I was thinking next to the steering column but there is that nice huge piece of metal behind the plastic (unless I wanted to cut through that also). Or I was thinking in front of the 4wd shifter where the plastic moves up at an angle but that isn't the most convenient spot. If anyone has some pics or ideas post them up.

TIA
Mike

Mine are mounted on the front of the center console. I like this spot, no need to look when I need them. I was going to cover the switches, but I've never accidentally triggered them.

Switches

Well I called my local dealership about that 4 switch bezel using part#4897505AD...the one they have now is AF so I'm going to see what it looks like. I thought it would be a harder item to find. If that doesn't work out maybe I might go with that center console idea.

Thanks
Mike

blah, who needs the arb switches when you can have 'em match all of your other switches...

(first 3 are for running the arb's - the blue ones)
PICT6545.jpg

j/k. i would have loved to use the arb switches, but they just didn't fit the switch panel. oh well, i'm happy

This was the other spot I was thinking of.
dsc03645.jpg

norcal420 - was it tough trying to mount it up there? I thought about that spot but I didn't know what was behind it because you need the extra space for the back of the switch & it didn't look like fun trying to take that part of the dash off to look.

Not really, you have to remove the entire dash (~ 10 screws IIRC) and then dremmel the hole(s). I love having it so close to the steering wheel, but I'm sure any place works well w/ ARBs. I like having the gauge down by the transfer case since I can always see it (but I don't think the ARB compressor has a gauge so no worries there) when engaged in 4Hi or 4Lo.

DR

MikeyB said:
norcal420 - was it tough trying to mount it up there? I thought about that spot but I didn't know what was behind it because you need the extra space for the back of the switch & it didn't look like fun trying to take that part of the dash off to look.

I've also seen them mounted where the ash tray is in the pic that MikeyB posted.

I like Ronbo's setup though, we may end up doing a similar ARB switch in stall on our TJ.

I mounted mine on the driver door panel, just above and to the front of where your left knee hits the panel. It's kinda tight for the wiring, but not too bad, and it's very much out of the way.
No pics yet, but if you send me your email, I'll mail some to you.
Joe

When I get ARBs, I was thinking about mounting the switches in the little change tray between the manual tranny shifter and e-brake. That way, its pretty close to the shifter knob and e-brake. Has anyone tried mounting the switches there? I have a 94 though, and I dont really know much about the 97+ interior.

Its a horrible pic(really cheap digital),but it will show the idea.The wiring harness fit prefect with lots of room for switches,and extremly easy access.
dash2.jpg

I suppose i need to figure this out too...has anyone put it up on the overhead console? I have my KC switches up there. I think the ARB switch might be too bug for all that though...where did you all mount your compressors?

ncGPgrl said:
I suppose i need to figure this out too...has anyone put it up on the overhead console? I have my KC switches up there. I think the ARB switch might be too bug for all that though...where did you all mount your compressors?
I have a caddy compressor which I will mount where the stock air box goes and then run a rustys air tube.

MikeyB said:

highjack!

please give me some info on the 4 switch panel.... I have driving lights and fogs. Right now I have some small rockers laying sideways in the blank, looks good but not as nice as that 4 switch panel.

ncGPgrl said:

Compressor is under the back seat:

DSC01462.jpg

Switches are on the dash:

DSC01592.jpg

fordtech said:
highjack!

please give me some info on the 4 switch panel.... I have driving lights and fogs. Right now I have some small rockers laying sideways in the blank, looks good but not as nice as that 4 switch panel.

MikeyB said:
Well I called my local dealership about that 4 switch bezel using part#4897505AD...the one they have now is AF so I'm going to see what it looks like. I thought it would be a harder item to find.

Dealer wanted $46 for it.

ARBSwitches.jpg

Compresssor.jpg

Compressor mounts in 1 of the 2 holes that the spare tire support ran through the floor. The piece of wood is for my bike rack actually...

Back