• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those running coilovers on the front...

BIGWOODY

NAXJA Forum User
What length did ya use, pics of mounts, anyone cut away the inner fenders?
I want to chop my front end off and tube the rest. If I run coilovers it looks like I can do away with inner fenders/coil mounts and narrow the front a little more with just tubing. Pics and advice please...thanks in advance... Greg

I see seanp mounted his hoops on top of the frame rather than the side...interesting.

Greg, I am doing the coilover thing too. I have 14" Fox, just because they were a deal, no other reason.

I was thinking of cutting out the inner fender and mounting my hoop to the side of the frame as stated above. I still have a bunch to do before I get to that point .

flexj said:
I see seanp mounted his hoops on top of the frame rather than the side...interesting.

Greg, I am doing the coilover thing too. I have 14" Fox, just because they were a deal, no other reason.

I was thinking of cutting out the inner fender and mounting my hoop to the side of the frame as stated above. I still have a bunch to do before I get to that point .

You mean you bought them used and they were a deal? or new and they were a deal...if new, care to hook a brother up on where ya got them? And I think I'm going to mount mine the same way you are thinking of doing it, so I can eliminate the inner fenders.

I got the shocks used and it wasn't as good a deal as I first let on. I got 2 new coilovers, a pair of 110lb springs, a pair of 130 lbs springs, a pair of 250lb springs, a dual rate kit and a set of Blue torch mounts for $620 shipped. Sounds good, but...the redneck who sold these to me forgot to mention that the 250 lb springs were only 8" long! I'm not putting these on my Quad, for the love of mercy!! And the other springs might be to soft, time will tell. So, I need a set of 250's and I sold the mounts.

Ya need a pair of springs for your Quad?

Back