• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another polished Terdy (30)

Michael McAtee

NAXJA Forum User
I just orterd a teraflex alum draglink to use on my d30 w/ wj knuckles. I plan to use hydo assist w/ a ported zj box and a ox locker. I will also most likely be using a leaf sprung wranglers tack bar. Not sure what to do about my tie rod yet? I have 3/4 hiems with 3/4 to 5/8 reducer bushings. I might just order the tera alum rod. what do ya'll think i'm just looking for some input...Don't hold back

Michael McAtee said:
I plan to run 16x9 Military NDT (34x9x16) I'm porting the zj box because it has a drop pitman and I picked it up for cheap (free)
cool, I had a spare steering box (bent input shaft) when I did mine, and I tore that apart first so I had a better idea of how it all comes apart and practice drilling and tapping. I would suggest you do your XJ box first, and if it all goes well you could put plugs in the new holes and sell it to someone wanting to do assist in the future.

Michael McAtee said:
I just orterd a teraflex alum draglink to use on my d30 w/ wj knuckles. I plan to use hydo assist w/ a ported zj box and a ox locker. I will also most likely be using a leaf sprung wranglers tack bar. Not sure what to do about my tie rod yet? I have 3/4 hiems with 3/4 to 5/8 reducer bushings. I might just order the tera alum rod. what do ya'll think i'm just looking for some input...Don't hold back
Hey man, just my two cents:

I didnt like my aluminum teraflex steering at ALL. A wet noodle has more rigidity than that stupid tie rod, which I bent the crap out of on its first run out on one of the most mild trails around. It had absolutely NO memory at all, contrary to what theyll tell you. And a hydraulic ram will taco that thing the first time a tire gets wedged up against anything at all. Even a rut in the mud.

My draglink was bent too. I have no clue how that happened.

That'd be a much better bet. Did you say you already ordered and paid for the draglink? If you can swing it somehow, it would be even more beneficial to have the matching DOM draglink as well. Like I said, my draglink bent and its way up high with that teraflex x-over knuckle and all. Just the stress of steering in tight spots I guess. No way did I hit it on anything.

Back