• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

death wobble after bump

slacker

NAXJA Forum User
i get the death wobble after a bad bump. i currently have rusty's 3" lift and i did do a 1" transfer case drop.

can the cause of the death wobble be narrowed down since it occurs for me only after a bad bump in the road?

right now i do have the P225 tires on. would getting bigger tires help with the wobble?

seriously man the best answer to this question is use the search button! their are tons of threads on this subject. Pages and pages at the push of a button. I don't know who put the search button there but when you fix your problem start a thread to praise them hasta hasta hasta hasta hasta hasta

Michael McAtee said:
It souds like you need new shocks. How old are they?
Holy crap, man.

Advice: Dont give it if you dont know it.

Aaaand.... Search Button is your friend!!

slacker said:
right now i do have the P225 tires on. would getting bigger tires help with the wobble?

That'd make it worse. Bigger tires=More weight=More leverage=more wobble.

It's not the shocks and you don't need a steering stabilizer.

Do a search and you will find an ENORMOUS amount of info on this subject... more than likely something is loose in the front of your rig... wheel bearings, ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends, track bar. You need to go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

Throwing money at it by doing stuff like buying new shocks or putting a new steering stabilizer on will either A) be a waste of money (shocks) or B) put a band-aid on it until things wear out enough to over come it (steering stabilizer).

Don't bandaid your front suspension... if something is loose FIX IT because you're endangering your life AND everyone elses life.

BTW, for an interesting fact... Out of balance tires can set death wobble into motion at higher speeds, but if the truck is otherwise normal until you hit a bump, then it's probably not tire balance. I run 36" bias ply Iroks with NO balance weights and drive it 70mph down the freeway and not a hint of wobble when hitting bumps, bridge transitions, etc... but if I get going fast enough, it can start to feel a little wierd.

i just cured death wobble today i have a rustys 3in i replaced the lcas because one was bad it got better but after buying a tb relocation bracket from 4wdhardware is now cured try it out man its only 37.98 to the door step

TB relocation brackets SUCK! My death wobble was happening because my trac bar relocation bracket wasn't staying tight and it was moving around. I ditched the relocation bracket... DRILLED a new hole 3/4" over toward the driver's side. NO MOE DEATH WOBBLE. OME steering stabilizer didn't help me at all. Longer LCAs can cure it too. Make sure the vehicle is aligned properly.

Last edited:
BoC said:
i just cured death wobble today i have a rustys 3in i replaced the lcas because one was bad it got better but after buying a tb relocation bracket from 4wdhardware is now cured try it out man its only 37.98 to the door step

Dont reccomend less than quality fixes to problems!!!

Do you know why that bracket fixed your DW issue?
Do you know correct scentence structure?
Do you understand invirted Y with a trackbar steering geometry?

Would you install that part on his rig with a garantee that it would fix his problem and that if anything failed on it for the next 12 months, you would pay for all the damage?

Dont be a fawktard...

XJ_ranger said:
Dont reccomend less than quality fixes to problems!!!

Do you know why that bracket fixed your DW issue?
Do you know correct scentence structure?
Do you understand invirted Y with a trackbar steering geometry?

Would you install that part on his rig with a garantee that it would fix his problem and that if anything failed on it for the next 12 months, you would pay for all the damage?

Dont be a fawktard...

Criticism riddled with spelling errors takes away some of the impact.

Back