• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Led what needs pre run?

jrsxj98

DILIGAF
Led I am gonna be in the BV/Taylor Park are for 5-6 days starting the 21st. Im sure my fam. will run tincup/hancock, what else still need ran?

jrsxj98 said:
Led I am gonna be in the BV/Taylor Park are for 5-6 days starting the 21st. Im sure my fam. will run tincup/hancock, what else still need ran?
Mt princton needs to be prerun Should be easy but I've never ran it.

Boy Taylor/Perl were beautiful. Hope they are going to be open this year. Looking forward to Holy Cross.

7/12/05 -- Just spent last weekend above Aspen, looking at Pearl and Taylor Passes. Pearl is completely snowed in on the Aspen side up at the top, the drift is about forty yards long (estimated thru the glasses) and looking pretty deep. Probably will be this way for at least two/three weeks. Taylor is nice and clean on the Aspen side, you can drive all the way to the top without incident, but it is snowed in at the very top crossing over toward the lake. Drift is about twenty yards long, about four ft deep, could be another 20/30 days for any action here. Talking to some other jeepers, they said that the east side of Taylor, where you cross thru the stream and then turn uphill, has been recently worked on so to make more feasible. Input on this particular topic?, I attempted this route two years ago unsuccessfully because of that particular hill. Looking at the east side of the road from the top of the pass, it was very clean and dry, so the only difficult areas are the above. There were several cross country cycles roaring around. Be advised that there is an abundance of water in the hills, for example, at the Williams Fork two weeks ago, the lake is so full the road around the upper end of the lake is dry due to it being raised above the meadows, but the fence line that runs parallel to the road is completely submerged, only the tops of the posts can be seen. The Colorado was so high even the fish had no idea of where to go. One should check out the proposed Pomeroy trip. Great drive,beautiful area, water and snow might be a factor here this year.

Last edited:
Led I got some preruns done while I wasnt knocking the crap out of the lake trout at Taylor last week. Caught a total of 30 Lakers smallest was 16" and the largest was just under 3 pounds.

TinCup-old part of the pass is a little harder now....

Iron Chest 1/2 way some idiot was broke in a stock toyota with no tools or parts. blocking the trail of course.

Hancock.

All are clear of snow.

jrsxj98 said:
Led I got some preruns done while I wasnt knocking the crap out of the lake trout at Taylor last week. Caught a total of 30 Lakers smallest was 16" and the largest was just under 3 pounds.

TinCup-old part of the pass is a little harder now....

Iron Chest 1/2 way some idiot was broke in a stock toyota with no tools or parts. blocking the trail of course.

Hancock.

All are clear of snow.

Justin, bring your fishing gear to COfest.Joey and I (and anybody else interested)are planning on getting some fishing in while there.

Back